Had my results back from PIP, they've given me a 0 on everything — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my results back from PIP, they've given me a 0 on everything

Eyates02
Eyates02 Community member Posts: 110 Courageous
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my results back from pip, they've given me a 0 on everything, it really feels like they just took what I said and flipped it, I told them so many things and they've just made it the opposite, it's really upsetting to voice your disability but it's not bring heard properly, I'll have to redo the process again but the mental exhaustion it takes to wait and get a result is just terrible especially when everything feels taken apart the wrong way 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Eyates02

Sorry to hear your experience with the PIP assessment did not go so well. Unfortunately, PIP is not my area of expertise which means I am hoping someone with more knowledge about PIP can respond to you soon. However, in the meantime, please know that we hear your frustrations, and your feelings, thoughts, and experiences are validated with us. When you are ready, you might find this link about PIP appeals useful! https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/. I hope this helps but if this is something you would like to discuss with us further or stumble across any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Eyates02 said:
    I'll have to redo the process again

Did you get some expert advice before applying? If you didn't then i'd advise you to do that before doing the next step. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    I wouldn't advise you to start the process over again and reapply because doing so using the same evidence you just used will likely see another refusal and you'll be stuck in that loop.
    Once you've got expert advice to check that you qualify you should request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) this is where another decision maker will look at your claim and make another decision. For this you need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    If the MR decision doesn't change then it's onto Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Eyates02
    I've signed up to fight4justice to try and get help with better explanation, just really wish these things was easier to do, feels a waste of time trying to just fail 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Eyates02

Well done for taking the first step in reaching out for support. That is a really positive indication that you recognise that things should be better for you. I wish you all the best of luck with your communication with fight4justice. Is there anything, in particular, you would like to be explained? We might be able to help!
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Eyates02
    Hello @Eyates02

Well done for taking the first step in reaching out for support. That is a really positive indication that you recognise that things should be better for you. I wish you all the best of luck with your communication with fight4justice. Is there anything, in particular, you would like to be explained? We might be able to help!
    Think in these situations it's just the feeling that I'm alone, but I know I've got this community willing to help, it's a hard thing to explain hidden disabilities, would you give me some tips on how to stay calm I'm situations like these?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Eyates02 said:
    I've signed up to fight4justice to try and get help with better explanation, just really wish these things was easier to do, feels a waste of time trying to just fail 

Are you aware that they charge for their services? There are plenty of advice agencies out there that will help and advise you for free. Please see my link above, put your postcode in and drop the box to "welfare benefits" No one should have to pay for help and advice, it's wrong that people charge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Eyates02
    Eyates02 said:

Are you aware that they charge for their services? There are plenty of advice agencies out there that will help and advise you for free. Please see my link above, put your postcode in and drop the box to "welfare benefits" No one should have to pay for help and advice, it's wrong that people charge.
    Yeah I'm aware but a friend of mine who had help with pip through them suggested it, so I thought I'll give that a go, I'll also look into the link you gave me as well, thank you all 
  • L_Volunteer
    Hello @Eyates02

I completely understand. I think you are doing really well in explaining how you feel, what you want, and what you need. Other people can make hidden disabilities feel isolating, almost like people just don't believe us or want to listen to us sometimes. It is difficult to stay calm in these situations. However, I think giving yourself some space to regulate how you feel can be useful. Self-care at times like this is incredibly important as it can feel draining. Once you are feeling ready, it might be useful to write down or talk to someone about how you feel. This process can then help you to create an action plan for your next steps, which would most likely look like a PIP appeal in your case. You have got this but please remember it is ok not to be ok. We are here for you and you definitely aren't alone! <3

• Eyates02
    Hello @Eyates02

I completely understand. I think you are doing really well in explaining how you feel, what you want, and what you need. Other people can make hidden disabilities feel isolating, almost like people just don't believe us or want to listen to us sometimes. It is difficult to stay calm in these situations. However, I think giving yourself some space to regulate how you feel can be useful. Self-care at times like this is incredibly important as it can feel draining. Once you are feeling ready, it might be useful to write down or talk to someone about how you feel. This process can then help you to create an action plan for your next steps, which would most likely look like a PIP appeal in your case. You have got this but please remember it is ok not to be ok. We are here for you and you definitely aren't alone! <3
    Thank you so much ?

I've got a OCD assessment next month which will give me more evidence, and well the autism diagnosis to follow in March. I will take this time to keep reading and researching ways to fight the battle to get what's right! Thank you all for the help, its great to have friends in this community that share strength 
  • L_Volunteer
    Hello @Eyates02

You are more than welcome. I have autism myself (along with multiple chronic illnesses) so I can understand some of the struggles with hidden disabilities. Good luck with your OCD assessment and autism assessment/diagnosis! How are you feeling about these at the moment?  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.