Hi, my name is Benheidichloe3! My daughter screams for hours at night and doesn't sleep much — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Benheidichloe3! My daughter screams for hours at night and doesn't sleep much

Options
Benheidichloe3
Benheidichloe3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughter screams for hours on a night and doesn’t sleep much worried about affects it’s having on her
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Benheidichloe3 - & welcome to the community. It sounds like this is distressing for both of you. May I ask how old is your daughter, & have you discussed this with her GP?
    Scope has some family services you may find helpful. Please see: https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry your daughter is having this trouble it must have an impact on you too 

Have you discussed it with her gp or health visitor 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Benheidichloe3 :) It's great to have you with us.

Thanks for sharing with us the problem your daughter is having with her sleep. I can imagine this could cause you some worry.

As the others have said, it would be worth chatting to your GP or another health professional about this. Do you mind me asking whether your daughter has any kind of diagnosis at the moment? 

You may also be interested in a podcast series our Sleep Right team created, which covers plenty of helpful tips and tricks. 

I've moved your post into our parents, children, and families category so that it'll hopefully be easier for you to connect with other parents in a similar position.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness