Hi, my name is amileo! I'm upset that the DWP can get away with not allowing evidence from a doctor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is amileo! I'm upset that the DWP can get away with not allowing evidence from a doctor

amileo
amileo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm really upset that the dwp can get away with not allowing evidence from a doctor or evidence from private bodies for you to be able to get funding you should be entitled for knowing your medical records and illness that you have  .. why does it have to go to an appeal to maybe get justice why are people  being treated this way 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    I'm not sure which benefit you're talking about here, PIP or UC/ESA work capability assessment? Either way, medical evidence isn't always the best evidence to send because most doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you. None of them based on any diagnosis, it's how you're conditions affect you that matters.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amileo thanks for joining the community and reaching out. Can I ask which benefit you are talking about? And are you having to appeal?

It's a stressful process to say the least, and it does often feel very unfair. With the right support and preparation, a lot of claimants get do through it with successful outcomes. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you, or if you have any questions.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.