Hi, my name is DaveT1! Where do I stand benefits wise? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DaveT1! Where do I stand benefits wise?

DaveT1
DaveT1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I receive ESA & PIP.   A few years ago, I set up a basic blog.  I monetised it.The books say I've a few thousand £s.  I've £425 in other shares (at least, they're through an intermediary).  I've £2,000 in my bank. Where do I stand benefits-wise.  Benefits are my only real income.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    PIP isn't means tested so savings/capital and other income don't affect it. Means tested benefits are affected by savings/capital of more than £6,000. So if your ESA is Income Related then your savings of less than £6,000 are disregarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @DaveT1, it's nice to see you join us. 

I hope you have found the above reply helpful? I look forward to seeing you taking part in the community, please have a look around and ask if you have any questions :) 

This is a very supportive and welcoming place, so I hope you enjoy being around.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello if you are thinking about claiming PIP then visit the Benefits and Work site and take a self assessment test for PIP. Remember that PIP is not awarded on a disability or diagnosis or because you have a certain illness. PIP is awarded on your inabilities to cope or manage the PIP descriptors safely and repeatedly and in a timely timely.  By taking a self test will give you a good indication of if you would be able to claim PIP when taking the self test be totally honest as should you take your application for PIP forward the information and answers given on the application form will have to be justified at your assessment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    take a self assessment test for PIP.
    Rather a pointless task in my opinion, whci has been pointed out many times before here. That self test is only helpful if you fully understand the descriptors and criteria and few people do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.