Hi, my name is Tempy123! I have mental health issues and am struggling financially — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tempy123! I have mental health issues and am struggling financially

Tempy123
Tempy123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Single parent of two I struggle to walk ad age bad mental health issues  I'm struggling financially just say holding things together  this is causing my anxiety n panic attacks more thn often  does anybody or cn anybody guide me plse thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You haven't given enough of information for anyone to be able to advise you with benefits. Do you currently claim any benefits? Do you rent or own your own home?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

What sort of help are you looking for it isn't clear from your post 

I'm hope we will be able to help 
  • Tempy123
    Financial help was wat I was looking fr and also some things I need fr my home ie fridge and more
  • poppy123456
    You can try looking at gumtree or facebook for your local area, sometimes people give things away for free or very cheap.
    You can also ask your local Authority if they have any funding for white goods for people on low income. Sometimes they do but it will depend on each individual local Authority and they will all be different.
    Also try googling your local area to see if there's anything local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Welcome to the community @Tempy123 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your mental health, and that you have some financial worries too. 

As poppy123456 has said, there are a couple of different options for looking into free or cheap white goods. Have you tried looking on second hand websites, or to see if there are any grants in your local area? 

If you're unsure on what benefits you could be entitled to, you might find it helpful to use a benefits calculator (Turn2Us). Have you ever used a benefits calculator before? 

In terms of your mental health, are you receiving any support to help you manage your anxiety and panic attacks at all? Is your GP aware that you've been experience mental ill health?  
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tempy123
    Iv tried  couple charity's my support workers got me a washer but ther are so many other things I need fr my home
  • Tempy123
    I rent my home my daughter cares fr me
  • poppy123456
    Have a look at the new household support scheme. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-500m-support-for-vulnerable-households-over-winter for this you will need to contact your local Authority.

• racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Have a look at the new household support scheme. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-500m-support-for-vulnerable-households-over-winter for this you will need to contact your local Authority.

I've had a look at the above support fund link. It seems to talk about it only being available for families and children. Would you know if couples in their later years (70+) have access to it please?
  • poppy123456
    You will need to contact your local authority and ask them. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.