Might have to live with it... Any advice on what to expect from the pain management clinic? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Might have to live with it... Any advice on what to expect from the pain management clinic?

Options
steve69
steve69 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
Well..as a delayed op by neurosurgeons.Looks like I now have permanent nerve damage.I know they've been busy with some bug going around.I,m not impressed and kicked off a little to my Dr,who then referred me to the pain clinic.
Any advice what to expect?...is this it?Never to work again or just adapt to something else.

I know I moaning ?Thanks for replies..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    You may have a very long wait for an appointment with the pain clinic. Before Covid i waited 11 months for my appointment. Been to the pain clinic quite a few times over the years and to be honest i found them useless.
    I was offered CBT but refused that. I tried hydrotherapy but it didn't work for me, infact it made me worse. I had an injection into my spine, can't remember what it was called because it was about 5 years ago. It didn't work for me so i didn't have another. Tried a ridiculous amount of different medication and at one point i was taking 27 a day, now i take 14.
    Some people do find them helpful, hopefully it will be the same for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @steve69 :) I don't have any personal experience of pain management clinics, but I hope that poppy123456's comment has helped you to understand the kind of treatments that might be offered to you. I've tweaked the title of your post slightly so that other members who've been to a pain management clinic will be able to find your post more easily. 
    Never to work again or just adapt to something else.
    Do you mind me asking what kind of work you've done previously? Could any reasonable adjustments (Scope) be made to help you succeed in the workplace? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness