Housing benefit decreased my rent payments because I'm cont. based support group. Is this right? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing benefit decreased my rent payments because I'm cont. based support group. Is this right?

Options
polly5619
polly5619 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all I would really like some help please, I am in the support group of esa,  they have changed my payments to contributory and income related,  the housing benefits have altered my rent saying they have overpaid me £163 and decreased my rent payments because I am on contributory based support group is that right thankyou in advance 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    polly5619 said:
    Hi all I would really like some help please, I am in the support group of esa,  they have changed my payments to contributory and income related,  
    I don’t follow this. Has your ESA amount changed due to a change in other income? How much ESA do you get?

If you are getting any income based ESA you are entitled to maximum HB.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.