They received Pip renewal form in June. I haven't heard back. Will I have to wait until March? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

They received Pip renewal form in June. I haven't heard back. Will I have to wait until March?

jackpo
jackpo Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i'm new, I have been on DLA then PIP for few years.  I have Parkinson's and mental health illness, my current claim comes to a end in March 2022, during the month of may 2021 I had renewal form to complete .  I sent it back and they received it on 20th June  2021.  I am still waiting I had txt on 2nd September stating they had received the form, but heard nothing since.  I have telephoned but they just sat the file is there but nothing is happening, one advisor on the phone line said the claim is in progress, that was about 3 weeks ago.  Do you think ill have to wait till March 2022 for a decision ? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    There are long assessment delays at the moment. They will get to your case in due course.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jackpo :) Thanks for joining, and for asking your question.

It's difficult to say exactly how long it'll take as, as calcotti has said, there are delays at the moment. I hope you don't have to wait too long!

How do you feel about the review?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • jackpo
    It is a worry.  I just hope i dont have to wait months and then go through the process of appeal at the end of it.  Thank you both for replying to me 

• Tori_Scope
    Let's hope not @jackpo. If you do end up needing to appeal, there's advice and support available, so you wouldn't have to do it alone.

You mentioned that you experience some mental health problems. Are you receiving enough support for your mental health at the moment?

• jackpo
    No im in the care of my Doctor at moment as my mental health is better than it has been my medication is working well and i have a lot of support from family, but to much stress causes psychosis I have scytzopherenia (sorry about spelling)

• Tori_Scope
    No need to apologise for the spelling @jackpo :) I'm glad to hear that your family and doctor are supportive, and that your medication is working well. A good support network can make a huge difference! I can imagine that stress could bring on or worsen psychosis, so make sure you keep in touch with your support network of family and medical professionals to help you keep on top of things. I know it's much easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about your review while you wait to hear back. As calcotti has said, they should get to it in due course and let you know what the next steps are. 

• jackpo
    Thank you Tori.  I am going to try and not think tomuch about the review, as once you start ,it's hard not to think about anything else
  • Tori_Scope
    The community is always here if you need a distraction @jackpo :) You can chat about the things that interest you in our coffee lounge - there are usually people around for a natter!

• jackpo
  • jackpo
    Update I telephoned pip and they returned my call I have deafness so i wasnt able to follow the long sentence,buti understood that there is lot of papperwork on my file, and my payment will carry on as they are at moment, should i be awarded a higher rate they will backdate, they are going to sent me letter of what was discussed on phone
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    It will only be backdated if you reported a change of condition. If it was a review there is no backdated money. Any new award will overrule your existing award from the date of the decision.
    When you ring PIP/DWP you are talking to someone from a call centre and not from DWP itself.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jackpo
    No i rang the call center and then they arranged for someone from dwp to call me

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.