Hi I'm Feeky Trying to support a family member with mental health issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Feeky Trying to support a family member with mental health issues

feeky1973
feeky1973 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
edited November 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hello again I didnt realised I about this :) sorry its late!
I'm here trying to get advice & support a family member with mental health issues. Thanks for everything so far!  
How do I go about private messaging? I think when I tried a message came up saying I didnt have permission or something like that????? Anyway please let me know :) 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Welcome to the community @feeky1973 :) There's no need to apologise, don't worry. It's good that you've been able to get stuck straight into discussions on the community. 

You need 25 points in order to be able to send a private message. You can see how many points you have by visiting your profile page. You currently have 15 points. You can gain points through thing like posting, commenting, and having people react to your posts and comments. I hope that makes sense? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • feeky1973
    Ah I see ok thanks so much! :)

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem @feeky1973 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • feeky1973
    edited November 2021
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    feeky1973 said:

At the top of your screen you will see an envelope, click on that and it will bring up your inbox for messages. Click on "new message" on the right hand side and then put the members username at the top. Type you message in the large box and click "post message". You have then sent a private message, which no one else can see.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • feeky1973
    edited November 2021
    Ah thanks! Thats good to know when I get enough points  :) I just realised i didnt have enough hence tried to remove post.  Thats another thing I've learnt today, posts cant be deleted   :D
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    You have 1 hour to delete/edit your comment after you post. After this only admin can delete. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • feeky1973
    Ah where is the delete icon?  I only get an 'edit' option (and time left) when  i click on the 3 dots.
  • poppy123456
    You have 1 hour to delete/edit your comment after you post. After this only admin can delete. 
    I’ll rephrase that to “you can only edit” sorry was distracted by an audience with Adele on TV. ?
  • feeky1973
    Ahhhhh! I see  :D:D
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited November 2021
    Welcome @feeky1973 :) 

I'm glad to see that you're getting to grips with the online community :) 

Did you manage to get some mental health support in relation to your family member? We have a mental health and wellbeing category, which shares useful advice and stories with regards to mental health. Hopefully you have picked up some information that will help you and your family member :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @feeky1973

Thanks for your post. I hope you have received the answers you were looking for. Do you need anything to be clarified or have any further questions for us? Hopefully, you will have the points you need soon. In the meantime, you are more than welcome to contact us publicly on the forum or email the team at community@scope.org.uk

Also, Adele was great last night, wasn't she @poppy123456:D Did anyone else watch Adele?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • feeky1973
    @Libby_Scope Thanks thats helpful I'll vist that link :) 
  • feeky1973
    @L_Volunteer Thank you I could find thats good to know :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @feeky1973. Just glad to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger

Also, Adele was great last night, wasn't she @poppy123456:D Did anyone else watch Adele?
    Did anyone NOT watch Adele!?  :D

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited November 2021

Did anyone NOT watch Adele!?  :D

I didn't, but saw snippets from her show. I will definitely watch the full programme this week though, as I think she's great and I really enjoy her music!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness