FAILED MR APPEAL — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FAILED MR APPEAL

Jason1
Jason1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Afternoon all, hope you are all well.
Well, with my Mum in bad health, my Dad suffering, and me with my health problems, I was praying for a miracle to ease the negativity. Surprise, surprise, even with all my medical records, photo's, diary notes and everything else, my MR appeal gets, guess...0 points! To say I am upset is an understatement. I play by the rules and others don't, yet still get it. I am exhausted with it all. To top it all, my UC may be cut as my doctor refuses to give me a fit note. I am already living off fresh air, and been turned down by over 100 companies for even part time work. 
Why is it that the rich and dishonest get there rewards, yet the honest people don't get anything?
I am getting advice as I really have no energy anymore for a court case. I am drained, physically and emotionally, and don't know how to change it into a positive.
Any advice would help please.
Blessings and peace.
Jason.x

Comments

• postmanpat68
    postmanpat68 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Do not give up the fight.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I’m sure someone will be along who can help you out soon..sorry you are having problems, it does seem (to me at least) that it all depends who gets to work on your application...some people get things with very little effort, yet others seem to hit brick wall after brick wall 
  • postmanpat68
    postmanpat68 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not unusual for the MR decision to remain the same. Medical evidence is only helpful if it states exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors (i'm assuming it's PIP) if it doesn't state this you need to ask yourself is this helpful. Most medical evidence only states the basics like diagnosis/medication and past/future appointments etc.
    Your next step is to request the Tribunal. You can get advice for this by starting here and choose the topic welfare benefits. https://advicelocal.uk/ if you can get representation then even better.
    It's worth remembering that very few people claim PIP fraudulently. There are lots of people out there that claim PIP because of invisible conditions, which makes then look like nothing is wrong.
    If your GP has refused a fit note then i'd advise you to speak to a different one.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jason1
    @postmanpat68 Thank you for your advice, appreciated, but not sure if I have any fight left in me. x
  • Jason1
    @poppy123456 Thank you for your advice, very much appreciated. I don't know if I have the energy anymore for the fight. I have very ill parents, no money, and due to the above and the situations mentioned just feel flat and low. 
    I disagree politely with what you say, as it has been proven that many celebs have got there PIP through the backdoor with a loophole, I suppose money goes to money! 
    Thank you for being so kind in my low time. x 
  • poppy123456
    Jason1 said:

I disagree politely with what you say, as it has been proven that many celebs have got there PIP through the backdoor with a loophole, I suppose money goes to money! 

PIP isn't means tested, so it doesn't matter how much money a person has this doesn't stop them being entitled to PIP. Not sure what you mean by the "loophole." Everyone has to go through the same process, it's not handed to anyone on a plate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu Jason 

Take a few days don't think about it and recharge the batteries to keep up the fight 

Have you fully explained to your gp why you need the fit note and that it will affect finances 

Just for me to understand why will your uc be reduced if you don't provide a fit note 

You only provide fit notes when going through work capability process and until this is complete your uc remains the same 

If the process is complete you no longer need to provide fit notes and the outcome will depend if there is any additional payment for uc 

You only get extra if awarded lcwra 

But until the process is complete you should still get your standard uc 
  • poppy123456
    janer1967 said:

Just for me to understand why will your uc be reduced if you don't provide a fit note 

A sanction can reduce your UC, which can happen if you don't attend appointments etc. You are classed as a job seeker until a decision on a work capability assessment says otherwise.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry, Jason, as Poppy says, unfortunately many MRs don't alter the award, or lack thereof. The success rate is far higher with a Tribunal, however, & helped if you have representation.
    You mention you are getting advice, which sounds good; an appropriate rep will help alleviate your stress if they feel an appeal is worth pursuing. The link Poppy provided, https://advicelocal.uk/ is definitely worth pursuing.
    I hope you are beginning to know us all here a little better; the advice/comments given are based on knowledge, understanding, & statistics. Everyone here is honestly trying to help. I hope you do take a few days out, as Jane suggests, then decide whether to appeal or not.
    Hoping you get your positivity back; I believe you can, then you'll also believe the comments posted here to help you, & you'll find our members will support you as much as they can along the way if you decide to appeal; I'd be here for moral support at least. :)
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jason1 I echo our members, I'm sorry to read what you've been going through, and I hope everyone's comments have helped to bolster you made you feel supported. 

Given how you are feeling, I think you owe yourself some time away to look after yourself, pay attention to how your body is feeling too. Often when we are dealing with a lot of stress our bodies hold tension.

Perhaps you could consider approaching your GP about support for your mental health? You mention your parents are in bad health, can I ask what support they are currently receiving? 

If you are in a more settled place and you have the support you need for your parents, you might feel ready to take some steps towards appealing the MR decision. Remember we are hear to support you, so let us know if we can offer any additional support.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.