PIP decision time after assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision time after assessment

AimeeT
AimeeT Community member Posts: 36 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone, 

I wondered if anyone has any up to date timescales in regards to decisions after your assessment. I had my telephone appointment today, and they did state it could be anything up to 8 weeks, they've told me this before when I called too. However, I understand these can vary (and yes, I know they're impacted by workload of the decision maker) but I just thought I'd ask on here to get an idea of how long people have waited recently. 

I was on the phone for nearly 2 hours, god it was exhausting. 

My claim started in June, what a long process!! 

Any experience in this department is welcome :)

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    AimeeT said:
    .. they did state it could be anything up to 8 weeks, they've told me this before when I called too. However, I understand these can vary ..

My claim started in June, what a long process!! 
    If you've already had an assessment having claimed in June you've been processed much faster than many. From assessment to decision can be anything between 2 and 8 weeks (sometimes longer).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AimeeT and welcome to the community. Well done for getting through that phone call, I'm not surprised you were exhausted! 

Hopefully it won't be too much longer to wait as @calcotti says. I wish you good luck for it, we'd love to hear how it goes when you hear back!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • AimeeT
    Thank you. 
    I received the text this morning to say they had received my report and they’ll write to me once they’ve made a decision within 8 weeks so I’ll update for others once I’ve heard something ?
  • danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    Hi Aimee I just received the assessor report today 
    just awaiting the award letter now it’s horrible the waiting isn’t it @AimeeT
    Have you asked for the copy of assessor report to get an idea what there recommendations were 
  • AimeeT
    Hi @danixxx, I haven't as of yet. Can I do it this early after they've received it?
    It is awful waiting, I'm trying not to dwell on it but these things always send me into a bit of a panic state 
  • danixxx
    Yes I requested mine the day they received it am the same although I now have an idea untill it’s finalised I can’t settle 
    let me know how you get on good luck @AimeeT
  • AimeeT
    I'll give them a call today then and request it, how long did it take for yours to come through and how long have you been waiting since your assessment so far?

I'll definitely keep you updated, would love to hear how it goes for you too :smile:
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It's worth saying that some people find requesting the assessor's report makes their anxiety worse @AimeeT, so it's worth having a think about how helpful you'd find it to have it :) 

Best of luck with your claim! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • danixxx
    I called
    friday morning and received it yesterday so only 3 working days wait,from assessor report looks like standard for both elements daily living and mobility  but we shall see what the decision maker says ?been advised on here they tend to go with assessor reports but very rare they change it we shall see 
    It will be 2 weeks Saturday I had my telephone assessment 
    how about you @AimeeT
  • danixxx
    Hi @AimeeT any news yet ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AimeeT
    Still nothing back yet
  • AimeeT
    DWP won’t be fully operational again until the middle of next week. Fully operational isn’t really that at present. I wouldn’t be concerned so much with speed as accuracy.
    I understand this, it’s not quite 8 weeks yet either, I just thought I would update 

I’m definitely with you on the accuracy over speed, I also sent off more evidence that contradicts what the assessment report claimed so that could be a reason why mine is taking longer than others 
  • poppy123456
    Based on other members timescales it can take as long as 3 months for the MR decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • AimeeT
    Based on other members timescales it can take as long as 3 months for the MR decision.
    I haven’t had my initial decision back yet so this isn’t a MR 
  • poppy123456
    Timescales are still between 2-12 weeks.
  • AimeeT
    Timescales are still between 2-12 weeks.
    Good to know, it said 8 weeks on my text but I assumed there would be delays with christmas and the backlog they have at the moment 
  • poppy123456
    They tell everyone 8 weeks, it's just a standard text.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.