Hi, my name is Michael33! I want to talk about mobility scooters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Michael33! I want to talk about mobility scooters

Options
Michael33
Michael33 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I wont to talk about mobility scooters. Which mobility scooters are the best?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Michael33

Welcome to the community, it's nice to see you join us. 

Thank you for bringing a conversation about mobility scooters to the community, I have moved the discussion over to our equipment category and edited the title so that others know what the subject is. 

Are you on the hunt for a new one at the moment?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tethered are several types or sizes of mobility scooters with different used in mind for their use. It depends on what you want or where you intend to go or expect your scooter to take you. I have a large class 3 scooter for dog walking off road driving parkland ect. Plus when I drive to go out day trips shopping ect I have a smaller boot scooter with soft tyres and suspension for a smother ride which can be broken down into several parts to be lifted into my car boot the heavy part is the battery pack. The range is limited to 5 or So miles. The company Mobility Giant have a great site and they sell used expire mobility scooters with a full service new batteries and a I think it’s a 14 day money back plan. I have used in the past and received frost class service and support.. It all boils down to your spending power, what you want and expect your purchase and storage access around your house external for going through gateways most scooters are 27 inches wide and if you have a shed or like me just a waterproof cover on a hard standing. I have had my class 3 scooter three years now done over 6000 miles renewed the batteries and tyres last October.
  • Michael33
    Michael33 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry for not replying I don’t go online as much as I use to. I’ve seen these about locally and the owners have had good reports the use car type batteries and not the traditional AGM or GEL  mobility scooter batteries. That said they will be ok on pavement and carefully on the road side roads any way.how long the batteries last is at present an unknown I would charge every night as I do with my scooter what ever Mileage  I do. May get stuck going across wet soft parkland but ok during summer months.
  • stephenwilkinson
    stephenwilkinson Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Michael33 said:
    I wont to talk about mobility scooters. Which mobility scooters are the best?
    Hi Michael, 
    I recently bought a quingo for my 83 year old dad. After looking at new models, I decided they were too expensive so sought a second hand quingo. I used https://scootermobility.co.uk 
    Hope this helps, Stephen.
  • Alexander13
    Alexander13 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    I bought a tga vita scooter it's a bigger tougher beast than most with a great comfy seat and 8mph.

Brightness