Anxiety at an all time high after telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety at an all time high after telephone assessment

Options
Paddy90
Paddy90 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys, I was able to ring yesterday and ask for a copy of my assessment sent out. But from my phonecall assessment on Monday my anxiety is at an all time high. 

I'm not getting much sleep and my depression and anxiety are really bringing me to my knees because I can't stop thinking about my decision which I have a feeling will be zero points. 

Wishing I hadn't have applied now at all as its not worth what I am going through right now.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear it's made you more anxious, it's perfectly normal to feel this way because most people do. For this reason you need to ask yourself do you really want to request the report? It often makes people even more anxious than they already are so you maybe better off just waiting for the decision.
    In the meantime try to focus on somethings else, i know that's easier said than done.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Paddy90
    Paddy90 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for your reply, I have only asked for the report in the hopes that I can put myself out of my misery.

If the report isn't good I'll know I'm not getting anything which then means I can stop being anxious and worrying about it.

I don't know if I could handle going down the MR route or appealing 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Paddy90 :) I'm also really sorry to hear that the wait is making your anxiety and depression worse. As poppy123456 has said, many people experience similar feelings, so you're certainly not alone.

Do you receive any support for your anxiety or depression at the moment? Is your GP aware that things are worse at the moment due to the stress of going through the PIP process? 

Along with getting support from a medical professional, self-care can also be a good way of managing your mental health. Here are two pages on Mind's website you may find helpful:
    Do you have any friends, family members, or anyone else you're close to, who could help to support you through this time?

Try to take the process one step at a time. Once the decision letter has arrived, you'll know where you're at and what your next steps could be. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Paddy90 :) 

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with your assessment and if you had heard any updates? I hope you are feeling better about things, and remember, you're not alone in all of this. We're here to support you and offer advice where we can. 

Please take care and hopefully we will hear from you soon.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.