UC reduced my carer allowance payment, but there's no carer element. I'm confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC reduced my carer allowance payment, but there's no carer element. I'm confused

sadia7860
sadia7860 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi 
I want some advice I am caring for my son who entitled  dla middle care and low mobility. I applied carer allowance and make a change after got carer allowance. Today I got my statement and universal credit reduced my carer allowance payment but no carer element I found in statement. I am just confused. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    sadia7860 said:
    Hi 
    I want some advice I am caring for my son who entitled  dla middle care and low mobility. I applied carer allowance and make a change after got carer allowance. Today I got my statement and universal credit reduced my carer allowance payment but no carer element I found in statement. I am just confused. 
    You should have the carer element added to the calculation of the maximum amount unless you already receive the LCWRA element. You cannot be paid the LCWRA element and the carer element.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sadia7860
    No I am not receiving LCWRA 
  • SarahUCE
    SarahUCE Community member Posts: 32 Pioneering
    @sadia7860 did you report the change to your Universal Credit declaring yourself as a carer as was this before your assessment period ended? The deduction feeds through automatically but you need to report the change as a carer to UC yourself in order to receive the carer element. If you’ve already done this you will need to ask them why they’ve not added the element to your claim. 
  • sadia7860
    I made a change care someone  when I received carer allowance on this month 3rd of October 
  • SarahUCE
    SarahUCE Community member Posts: 32 Pioneering
    If you scroll back on your journal to where you reported the change there should be a link which says something like “report caring started”, if you click this does it show the correct details for the person you care for and that you care for them for 35 hours a week or more?

If so, then they really should have verified it by now so you would need to chase your case manager about this. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    As an aside - you do not need to claim Carer's Allowance in order to get the carer element of UC.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sadia7860
    I checked everything and it's showing everything I left msges but still waiting their reply I called them they said you applied recently may be next statement but they reduced amount of carer allowance 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    The carers allowance is deducted in full from your UC, which is correct. You'll need to wait for them to add the carers element.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sadia7860
    Yes I think I have to wait till my next statement thank you for your response 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.