I have been awarded PIP, now want to apply for Universal Credit. Will I need my award letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been awarded PIP, now want to apply for Universal Credit. Will I need my award letter?

Options
Sweetpea8
Sweetpea8 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been awarded pip dont have award letter yet .
I now want to apply for universal credit will i need the pip award letter to do this?

Comments

• Sweetpea8
    Sweetpea8 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
    I have been awarded pip dont have award letter yet .
    I now want to apply for universal credit will i need the pip award letter to do this?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,240 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    You don't need a PIP award letter to apply for UC. Whether you're entitled to any UC will totally depend on your circumstances. As it's a means tested benefit if you live with a partner, you claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=645bf40a-a486-417f-9e2b-4dbf8a4491ec
    If a health condition limits your capability to work then when you claim UC you should report your health condition and then send a fit note from your GP within 7 days of this. You will then be referred for a work capability assessment. You will need to make sure you continue to send the fit notes with no gaps until a decision's been made on the work capability assessment. More information here on this.
    Are you claiming UC with a partner? If so does your PIP award include the daily living part? May i ask if you're currently working or claiming any other benefits? Are you a student?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sweetpea8

Thanks for posting your query, I hope the above reply has been helpful. 

I noticed that you created two discussions about this, one in the PIP category and another in the UC category, I just wanted to let you know that I have merged these together and edited the title so that others have an idea about your query.

Hopefully you enjoy taking part in the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.