Hi, my name is Nicki757! Does anyone here have fibromyalgia? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nicki757! Does anyone here have fibromyalgia?

Nicki757
Nicki757 Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Comments

• Nicki757
    I'm just wondering any on here has fibro myligia 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

There are lots of members here with fibro 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Nicki757 :) It's great to have you with us!

As janer1967 has said, we have plenty of members with fibromyalgia here on the community. Did you have anything in particular you were wanting to ask about, or share? There's no pressure to, but please feel free to ask any questions you may have or share your experiences with us. 

I've moved your post into our chronic pain and pain management category for now, and I've also tweaked your title so that other members will be able to find your post more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Yorkie53
    Yorkie53 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I have fibromyalgia and diabetes neuropathy and I've just recently been informed that I need a wheelchair now because I can't walk very far away from my door.
  • Yorkie53
    Just thought that my doctors surgery has told me that I have to collect a form from them and fill it in and then I may get some help with this problem.
  • Nicki757
      :( aww that's not good bless you  
  • Yorkie53
    I've gone from being active and healthy, to being hardly able to walk very far and now I'm just looking at wheelchairs for myself. I have fibromyalgia and diabetes neuropathy and now I'm just sitting here waiting for my carers to arrive so that I can have a shower and get dressed and get my tablets and insulin. I don't see anyone in between my carers so I'm feeling pretty isolated but not lonely.
  • Nicki757
    Well if ever need se to talk to I'm message away ? 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Nicki757

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Indeed, lots of people here have fibromyalgia (myself included). 

Sorry to hear you are feeling isolated @Yorkie53, though glad to hear you don't feel lonely! You always have us. 

Keep holding on in there  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Yorkie53
    Thank you for your reply and I will try to keep coming on here because I'm really interested in this forum.

Brightness