Hi, my name is seankevin! 43 weeks and counting without any communication from the DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is seankevin! 43 weeks and counting without any communication from the DWP

Options
seankevin
seankevin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI CAME ACROSS THIS SITE had a read and am baffled by some questions & answers. i applied AGAIN for P.I.P  on 4.02.21 and with the run around i have been given i emailed Local MP & also central government and i.c.E 
The lack of communication and attitude of I.A.S is beyond reproach & the blatant lies they came up with i am so glad i recorded dates times names even 1 of the 2 phone consultations...yep 2 phone consultations the 2nd repeating exactly the same as the first...so enough was enough and i emailed all in sundry and 43 weeks and counting from application without any communication from DWP (P.I.P) & I,A,S, So I've done my fare share of chasing. And its now the waiting game again for the responses and I,C,E outcome. anyone else had or is having the same scenario?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The estimated timescale from applying to having a decision is about 10 months because there's huge backlogs. Therefore your timescales sounds about right to me. We've got members here and are still waiting for a decision with the same timescale as yourself. Unfortunately, all yuou can do is wait.
    You said this is your 2nd application, did you challenge the first decision? If you didn't, was there any reasons why?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @seankevin

Welcome to the community, I'm glad to see you join us and I'm sure you'll find the community to be a supportive and welcoming place :) 

Sorry to hear of the frustration this has caused you, it has clearly been a long process which you just want to be resolved. THere are delays at the moment, as detailed above, but hopefully it won't be too much longer for you.

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, which you also might like to have a browse of to find some related discussions.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.