Hi, my name is TeresaLV2! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TeresaLV2!

TeresaLV2
TeresaLV2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My name is Teresa and I'm a level 2 lead volunteer (previously called key volunteers)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @TeresaLV2 :) It's great to have you with us! 
    I'm a level 2 lead volunteer (previously called key volunteers)
    This isn't something I'm too familiar with. Would you like to tell us a little more about the volunteering you do? It sounds interesting.

Please give us a shout if you need anything, or have any questions about finding your way around the community. We'd be happy to help!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • TeresaLV2
    I have, on occasion, had to open the shop if manager or assistant managers are going to be absent or delayed. I have done all the paperwork regarding lead volunteers. I can do more than 1 of the assistant managers (he's fairly new as is shop manager but he's been trained). I love holding the fort but I can't tackle shop lifters.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @TeresaLV2

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Thanks especially for introducing yourself to us. How are you today? Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining Scope's forum and your interests? It would be great to get to know you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds like you've taken on quite a high level of responsibility @TeresaLV2, which is great to hear :) 
    I love holding the fort but I can't tackle shop lifters.
    I'd hope that you wouldn't be expected to deal too much with shoplifters yourself. Is there a procedure in place that you can follow, including calling the police where necessary? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • TeresaLV2
    Is there a procedure in place that you can follow, including calling the police where necessary? 

Fortunately we have never called police. We have barred 2 people that have stolen from us in the past. But we are very vigilant when certain groups of people walk in. Students are the worst.

Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining Scope's forum and your interests? It would be great to get to know you :)

I never even heard of this page until 2 weeks ago. New shop manager and assistant manager told us. Me, I am 55, moderately disabled due to generalized osteoarthritis, polyarthralgia, migraine sufferer, atypical trigeminal neuralgia (tn2), asthmatic. Got right hemidiaphragm paralysis so get short of breath occasionally. I am a divorced mum of 3 grown up kids and 2 grandchildren who I don't see. Love my only cat Charlie. Moved back in with mum recently.  Hope that's everything about me. T 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeresaLV2

Thanks for introducing yourself. Though, please don't feel pressured to share anything you don't want to! It is just great to get to know you. I am really glad to see you have been told about Scope's forum and that you decided to join us. How are you currently feeling about everything?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • TeresaLV2
    1 of my son's (aged 31) has been on the autism spectrum since he was 3. My youngest nephew who's just turned 18 is also on autism spectrum but has other medical conditions.

Brightness