Hi, my name is 23Lonsdale! How long are MRs at the moment and what are my chances? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is 23Lonsdale! How long are MRs at the moment and what are my chances?

Options
kia23
kia23 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have fibromyalgia and a hunched spine (scoliosis)arthritis I applied for pip 6 months ago got very few points I emailed pip saying I originally applied with fibromyalgia but have been diagnosed with other things so it’s long term and never going to improve they never got this I have sent MR last week with a letter from my daughter saying how much she as to do to help me how long are MR s taking at moment and what are my chances after failing with pip ,thank you 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @23Lonsdale

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well and enjoy taking part here :) 

Sorry to hear that the process has taken so long for you so far, it would be hard for us to say what your chances of being successful are but hopefully you get a positive outcome.

Due to backlogs, things are taking quite a bit longer than usual, but you never know, you could end up with a quicker response. Fingers crossed.

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, which you might like to browse for related discussions.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are no fixed timescales for mr some take few weeks others months it's just a waiting game I'm afraid 

As for your chances nobody can really say without knowing how you ate affected 

The success rate for mandatory reconsideration is quite low but there are some that are success 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • kia23
    Options
    Thank you will do ?
  • kia23
    Options
    Tbh I had not a bit of experience with pip and sugar coated everything so now looking bk I no why I fail to get it but my MR is a true about how everything I do effects me and exactly how much help I need so hope they will look again your site gave me the in sight into how I should of gone about it wish I had found it months ago 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed the mr is a success 
  • kia23
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.