Incorrect text message? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incorrect text message?

Options
northeastlady
northeastlady Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi all.

I am on UC with LCWRA and now in receipt of PIP lower rate daily living. I sent off a completed mandatory reconsideration request form that arrived with the DWP yesterday.

Today I received a text message to say that it has been decided that my child qualifies for DLA and that I will get a letter soon.... However I don't have any children?

I'm thinking either it's a total mistake and they have the wrong number, or it relates to my PIP perhaps and been misworded??

There is nothing in my UC journal and as I cannot log into PIP I'm confused as to what to do? Anyone had the same happen to them?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thanks for posting @northeastlady, and sorry to hear that you've received this confusing text. I imagine it must just be an error at their end, so hopefully it doesn't mean anything.

Did the text come from a trusted number / contact?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • northeastlady
    Options
    I hope so too. Thinking I should contact them just to be sure though. The message came from the same number/source as all my pip messages.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It is probably just a error but I would call just to check in case they have some incorrect details 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    Its possible they've put someone else's number, which is similar to yours, on your file.

I'd ring to check as someone could be missing messages they need progress their claim.
  • northeastlady
    Options
    I called both DLA and PIP but neither could shed any light. DLA can't search by number and PIP said nothing in my notes so hopefully whoever it is will still get their letter. Shame they can't track it though so whoever the message was intended for can get the notification.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would imagine they sent the text to the wrong person. For future reference, you can't access any of your PIP details online.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.