Poem called Winter chill in air — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Poem called Winter chill in air

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge
The poem called Winter chill in the air
There is a bitter cold feeling in the air
As there is a wintery scene outside as snow as fall.
As caused much distribution and devastation to many homes and phones.
It is beautiful to look at wintery scenes through your window.
We are told not to go outside unless having too
As brew a nice cup of tea to keep ourselves warm
We put our heating on as there is a chill in the air.
As there are some children with gleeful smiles on their little sweet faces
As they dust their sledges off and go sliding in the snow.
And eyes lit up with excitement and laughter could be seen on many of the children face.
As they are wearing their winter coats, hats, gloves and scarves to keep warm from the cutting wind that was blowing. 
As the skies overhead were looking threatening and full of further snow could fall.
This puts some people at risk of slipping on the snow as they walk on the footpaths that have not been treated with salt.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Globster

Wow, we are spoilt today! I have just read your short story and now I have found your poem. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful work with us. Always inspiring and moving. How do you feel about the winter? :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    I don't like winter because the stiffness in my legs might see I get hospital treatment moved to bit soon because really struggling and don't  think I can wait for a four week till the appointment date 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Sorry to hear you are struggling with increased leg stiffness :( The winter really can make a lot of chronic health conditions worse can't it. Hope you get a quicker hospital appointment and are feeling better soon! In the meantime, it is great to see you have such a positive outlet in writing  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    My writing is a good coping mechanism for me with difficult situations at the  moment for me

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficult situations at the moment. It is great to hear that writing is helping you. However, please also remember that we are always here for you too, even if it is just a listening ear! It is ok not to be ok :)

• grayling
    grayling Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I love your poems. Thanks so much for taking the time to write them for us.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    And there goes again the beauty of support between our community members! Thanks for being supportive @grayling. How are you today?  :)

• Globster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    I have just had quick date been ask to wait for weeks for hospital treatment, which happy to do  

Brightness