Does anyone know when date for Pip2 starts? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know when date for Pip2 starts?

Options
feeky1973
feeky1973 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
Hi I'm thinking of helping a relative apply for PIP.  Its been very hard to get her to do the pip1 call. I've travelled to be with her to help with other things and I'm going to do the call for her.  We know we'll have 1 month to fill in pip2 but when does that date start?  From when I call or from the date its dispatched?   
( It's just that we know 1 month isnt long to organise completing the form /collecting evidence or gathering advice especially as I live on the other side of the country and it'll be the christmas hols soon which might delay everything getting it off /post closures /surgery closures etc.)  tahnks :)   

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think  it is from date of issue of the form but it often takes a week to arrive. As soon as the form is received ring PIP and ask for an extension. They will give you an extra two weeks.
    Do not delay sending in the form to gather evidence. Send what you've got. You can send extra information in later.
    In respect of evidence remember that PIP is based on the difficulties you have carrying out the activities, not on a diagnosis. It isn't necessary to send in masses of medical information.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.