I had PIP assessment 22nd November, and they have already sent out a decision is this a bad thing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had PIP assessment 22nd November, and they have already sent out a decision is this a bad thing?

Options
Chloelowe1999
Chloelowe1999 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I recently applied for pip and had my assessment last Monday which would of been the 22nd november, I called them up today and they have already sent out a decision is this a bad thing? I am deaf since a child and have to wear 2 hearing aids

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chloelowe1999 and welcome to the community :) I've moved your question into the PIP category so that our members can more easily find it. 

Have you received any confirmation of a decision by letter? Until then it's best not to dwell on what the outcome could be. How do you feel the assessment went? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It has no impact the length of time for a decision some are just done quicker than others and you are a lucky one in respect of quick decision 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    i haven’t received the letter yet says it should be here by Friday. And ok will do just panicking a bit . Cause me anxiety’s. Has anyone else be in receipt of this if they r deaf
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    If this is a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then payment usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter. I'm not sure how they can predict when you will receive the letter though.
    If you're not happy with the decision then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    They said that the letter had got sent out 2 days ago so should be hear by Friday. And oh I read on google that u have to receive the award letter before getting the payment . Thankyou 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They said that the letter had got sent out 2 days ago so should be hear by Friday. And oh I read on google that u have to receive the award letter before getting the payment . Thankyou 
    That isn't correct. Usually the payment (if any) is authorised at the same time as the letter is issued and the payment often arrives before the letter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Chloelowe1999
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Well it states thier and on other websites that u get the letter first. But thank you 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chloelowe1999 it's completely natural to be feeling anxious about it. I hope you'll get a positive outcome on Friday :)

What sorts of things do you do to help destress and relax? Focus on making time for those, perhaps have a chat with loved ones, anything that will help take your mind off waiting. 

Keep us updated when you hear more, and remember we're always hear if you need help or are unsure of anything.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    Thanks so much 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Well it states thier and on other websites that u get the letter first. But thank you 
    Well I’m afraid that’s not correct. Personal experience and hundreds of threads on here say different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    It literally says everywhere it wouldn’t say it otherwise. But thanks for the help 
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    Things chang unfortunately 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Payment is received before the letter and it’s been this way since PIP started in 2013. It’s because it goes into your bank 3-5 working days after it’s paid. Letters from DWP can take a couple of weeks to be received once sent.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Google isn't always accurate just read some of the threads in our pip section  from many members who have had payment before letter 

Its not all cases eg if payment goes to debt management b4 put into payment 

However believe what you want to believe 
  • Chloelowe1999
    Options
    Oh I’m new to this so I’m not really sure. Thanks for the help. Just have to wait till I get decision letter. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People's experiences vary @Chloelowe1999, but we have heard many members say their payment has come in before they've received their letter. It depends on how quickly the letter arrives, it seems. 

I know it's far easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about it until you receive your payment/your letter comes through. Are you able to do anything in the next few days to take your mind off of the worry?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloelowe1999
    edited December 2021
    Options
    It’s just so stressful. And my luck is bad so I Probaly wouldn’t be entitled even tho been deaf since I was birth and have 2 hearing aids lol. But hey thanks for the help and I struggle a lot with day to day life even with hearing aids

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.