Should I ask for a PIP review? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I ask for a PIP review?

lannie29
lannie29 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi , I am on pips high rate care and low rate mobility . I got 10 points .I never got a decision letter was told .That my rate had not increase due to my condition having altered which was incorrect .Now been diagnosed with left ventricle heart failure .My condition has defiantly worsen and is still getting worse since my claim went in. I thought left it too long to challenge it . Now reading 13 months .I have been admitted 3 times in the last 12 months unable to breath .Everything is harder to do .Is there any point in asking for a review please  

Comments

• lannie29
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You can't really challenge the original decision as that was based on your condition at that time and not now 

You can report a worsening of condition which would trigger reassessment but you should have had this for at least 3 months and likely to last more than 9 

You should only report a change if it is likely to give you a higher award so in your case you can only get higher award for mobility component 

You should always get sine expert advice before reporting any change as the whole award will be reassessed 

Suggest you look at welfare rights or cab 
  • lannie29
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lannie29 and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about what's been happening over the last year, that must be quite scary.

I hope you've found janer1967's reply helpful. I've moved your post into our PIP category and changed the title to make it easier to find. 

Let us know if we can help you further :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.