Hi, my name is Ste777! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ste777!

Ste777
Ste777 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone!
I'm looking forward to joining in with you all on here. It’s the early hours now so I’ll post something later this morning, bye for now. ??

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hello @Ste777 :)

Welcome to the online community. It's great to have you here with us!

If you'd like to, it would be great to here a little bit about yourself and why you joined to community? Please feel free to take a look around the community and the different categories. The coffee lounge is always a good place to start if you'd like to meet new friends and play online games. The link to the coffee lounge can be found here

We look forward to hearing from you soon :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Ste777 :) It looks as though you had a late night- how are you this afternoon? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ste777
    edited December 2021
    Hi to Adrian who emailed me at 2.56am to welcome me, thanks @Adrian_Scope, thanks for the welcome. @Libby_Scope @Teddybear12 @janer1967 @Tori_Scope thanks for your welcome messages today. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to get on here sooner today, all’s  ok it’s just my sleeping pattern, I don’t have one! So I have a sleep disorder, which does help when I’m trying to plan things.
    So now I’ll  introduce myself, I’m Steve, I have my better half Carol who’s put up with me for 28 years! We have 4 daughters and we live in Shropshire.
    I’ll continue with another message shortly.
  • Ste777

I suffer from anxiety, depression and stress, some days are good and some days are not so good. I have asthma (work related) which is manageable while I’m taking my meds, although we all caught Covid towards the end of October, this obviously made my asthma worse and so now I have Long Covid, hopefully only for the next few weeks.
    Just over a year ago I was referred to the ADHD Clinic, and shortly after I was diagnosed with Adult ADHD, which you may know means that I’ve had ADHD since early childhood. This diagnosis was a real game changer in that it answered so many questions as to how ADHD has shaped and controlled my life, and many more new questions as to how will I deal with it?
    I also have OCD, which is also very controlling, I have to do things a certain way, do things several times over, over many years I’ve learned to control certain aspects of OCD, but it still has a high level of control over what I do.
    Anyway I do hope I haven’t sent you all to sleep lol, my next message is about our recent move to change over to Universal Credit.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing with us about yourself 

There are lots of members here with the same conditions as yourself so will be able to share stuff with you 

Lots of knowledge around benefits too 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Ste777 and welcome to the community, thank you for reaching out! Just as a heads up I've removed your surname and specific location, as part of our community house rules we encourage members to avoid sharing too much personal information, to help keep everyone safe :)

I'm going to split your post about universal credit and move it into our Universal Credit category so members can find it more easily, share their own experiences, and offer advice. 

In the meantime you are more than welcome to browse our categories for any other topics of interest. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness