Hi from Scotland. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi from Scotland.

Options
Autumn_Feeling
Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
Hi. My name’s Deryck.

I was diagnosed with a rare hormone deficiency in my mid teens. Manual labour and/or being physically active has always been an issue. I always try to be social despite changes in my energy and mood levels. 

Before the pandemic I was also diagnosed with ptsd. (Long story about noisy neighbours.)

I like to be creative, enjoy movies and documentaries, video games and world culture. Hope to find some like minded people here and offer support.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Autumn_Feeling and welcome :)

You've come to the right place! The Coffee Lounge is a great place to start for casual chat, there's plenty of games and creativity to find there. Please feel free to browse our categories and join any discussions which take your interest.

We look forward to hearing more from you, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Autumn_Feeling - & welcome to the community. It's good to see you've found the 'Coffee lounge' already, which I hope you enjoy. What sort of films & documentaries do you like? :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes Teddybear12, Alex_Scope and Chiarieds.

chiarieds said:
    Hi @Autumn_Feeling - & welcome to the community. It's good to see you've found the 'Coffee lounge' already, which I hope you enjoy. What sort of films & documentaries do you like? :)
    I like indie movies, foreign language, animated, comedy etc. Most genres. Old and new. I love a good black and white movie as much as a modern one. I used to love action and horror but can’t tolerate the more intense stuff anymore.

In terms of documentaries, I like real life, art, and nature.   The last one that I watched on Netflix was called The Trader (Sovdagari.) It followed a second hand salesman travelling around rural Georgia.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, I'm with you on horror @Autumn_Feeling -  it's not a genre I've ever liked, & some action films can now be a bit too much. I do however like some crime films & TV series, but can't watch true crime documentaries. I like documentaries about art & nature too, as well as about ancient civilisations & travel. I've looked, & see Sovdagari is on Netflix; it does look interesting, but perhaps a difficult watch, so I hope I can find it, & thank you for mentioning this documentary.
    Which artists do you like?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Autumn_Feeling, thanks for introducing yourself and I hope that you enjoy taking part here :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness