Pip for anxiety and depression. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip for anxiety and depression.

Options
rayrar80
rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
Hi everyone, havent been on here for a while, just after some peoples stories really about your experience claiming pip for anxiety and depressive disorder. I was diagnosed with it june just gone after suffering for years, i am currently on the waiting list for psychotherapy for ptsd also, i had my pip assessment yesterday, i covered everything and the lady sounded really nice but you can never be sure with them, so just hoping for some positive stories from folk with similar experiences if possible, thanks in advnce for any replies.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are lots of people that claim PIP for how their anxiety and depression affects them. As PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, you can't really compare yourself to someone else because we are all affected differently by these conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you Poppy for your reply, just really nervous waiting for the decision now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's perfectly normal to feel this way, most people do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome back to the community @rayrar80 :) 

I'm glad to read that you've finally received some diagnoses, and are on the waiting list for support, having struggled with your mental health for some time. Are you managing okay in the meantime? 

We've had plenty of members successfully claim PIP for mental health conditions, but of course people's experiences vary. I'm glad that the assessor was nice, and I hope that you don't have to wait too long for your decision letter. Keep us updated!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • lili8719
    lili8719 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    I got enhanced daily living for purely mental health issues but I had crisis team and a CMHT. I felt like my f2f assesment was rubbish but I got it so you can never tell til the decision is made. I Hope you get good news.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.