When will i get my LCWRA? :) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will i get my LCWRA? :)

Options
tom4396
tom4396 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, my name is Thomas, i have been on universal credit since January 2021, ever since the beginning of my claim i have been giving in sick notes to the job centre, i have recently had a note on my journal to say i have been accepted for LCWRA, but i am wondering when i will receive my first payment, and also if i am entitled to any backdated pay since i have been on a sick note for almost 12 months, i have tried to read up on it but it says i'ts payable after the 4th assessment period, which i don't really understand, any help will be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim, starting from when you first reported your health condition. Providing you're not claiming UC with a partner that already has the LCWRA element on your claim.
    This means that the extra money will be paid from either May or June depending on the exact dates of your assessment periods and when you reported the health condition. It can sometimes take a few weeks for them to recalculate all your past statements to work out how much they owe you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jackson87
    Jackson87 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Mine took a whole year to get it through… I think that’s because they didn’t actually tell me that I was meant to be getting anything extra.. so no one even processed it.. I hope it is much sooner for you 
  • tom4396
    tom4396 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim, starting from when you first reported your health condition. Providing you're not claiming UC with a partner that already has the LCWRA element on your claim.
    This means that the extra money will be paid from either May or June depending on the exact dates of your assessment periods and when you reported the health condition. It can sometimes take a few weeks for them to recalculate all your past statements to work out how much they owe you.
    This was helpful Thankyou, after being granted the LCWRA will I receive the extra money in my next payment assuming my statement isn’t ready for this month ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tom4396 said:..fter being granted the LCWRA will I receive the extra money in my next payment assuming my statement isn’t ready for this month ?
    Extra money will be included as part of your normal payment each month. Any arrears will be paid separately,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.