My review has arrived and I’m in a panic — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My review has arrived and I’m in a panic

cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
Hi every one I haven’t been in the right place with my mental illness and now my pip review has arrived has any one got any advice for me for filling it in and does any one know if there back to doing face to face interviews now or still on the phone ? 

Kind regards 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 - What horrible timing for a review. :/  I'd ring the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433 saying you've not long been out of hospital & need an extension, & they'll automatically give you another 2 weeks. Give as much detail as for your initial claim form, just add extra pages at the end, with your name & National Insurance number on each.
    Again, you should give a couple of recent, detailed examples for each activity/descriptor that applies,i.e. when did it happen, what exactly happened, why, did anyone witness this, & were there any consequences, i.e. how did it leave you feeling after attempting/doing an activity, fatigued/exhausted for example?
    Can you do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat it as often as one would reasonably expect, or does it take you much longer than someone without a disability?
    Keep a copy of everything, & get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office when sending the form off.
    Most assessments are still by phone, but face to face ones have started up again.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi @cupcake88 I'm sorry to hear you're feeling panicked. Has chiarieds advice been helpful?

I would echo @chiarieds and say, make sure you give them a call for an extension. You deserve some time and space to work through the review. Remember to break it down, and take things step by step. 

Do you feel you're receiving enough support for your mental health at the moment? 

And would you feel more comfortable having the assessment over the phone, or in person? Whichever way, we are here if you need advice or guidance :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.