Super upset can someone please help me understand PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Super upset can someone please help me understand PIP

missie89
missie89 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I filled my claim in may, had my phone assessment on the 19th of November after they rescheduled twice
On Friday I rang pip to get the report and the lady told me the claim was settled she thinks i got High daily and low mobility she said i can see how much your getting back dated but couldn't understand why a letter or payment hadn't been processed yet and to ring back today so I did
Now I'm being told they haven't even made a decision yet??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi,

I'm guessing here but either one of them could have told you incorrect information because they are only reading from a screen. Hopefully, you won't be waiting too much longer for a decision. Either way, if it's a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then money is usually in your bank before you receive the decision letter.
    Decisions can take between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missie89
    on friday she said i can see right in front of me that youve been award i just cant get into your letter. Its my first claim but today the claims not even been to a decision maker. I record the phone calls. 
  • poppy123456
    There's really nothing you can do until a decision's been made. As advised, either one could be right or wrong. If you wanted to you can ring again and speak to a different person but if the decision hasn't been made there will be nothing to tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • missie89
    with my luck ill probably get the same snotty person I had this morning :( just not fair how they can treat people like this. 
  • poppy123456
    The first person you spoke to said she "thinks" you've been awarded and then told you to ring back today. I can only assume that the person you spoke to Friday was wrong with the information she gave you.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You never know that one of them could have been looking at the wrong claimants details I know they have the security questions to avoid this but you never know 
  • missie89
    edited December 2021
    No they been back in contact with me. Its not gone to case manger yet, the person on Friday read off the recommendation of the phone call assessment not the award as the award doesn't exists yet :( 
    So happy Friday to so upset* Monday its horrible now I have to wait until 17th December to ring back :( 
  • poppy123456
    missie89 said:
    the person on Friday read off the recommendation of the phone call assessment not the award
    I don't even know how that's possible because the assessor writes a report with recommendations only. Any recommended points are not added up because only a decision maker can award the points.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @missie89

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Unfortunately PIP is not my area of expertise. However, it seems like @poppy123456 and @janer1967 have already provided you with some practical support. Do you have any questions about anything that has been said or need anything clarifying? I have mainly responded to say that I am sorry to hear you are upset. We hear you, we believe you and we are listening to you  <3  
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • missie89
    Yeah I know. I've been giving completely wrong information. I got my hopes up and now I'm really let down. So another 11 day wait to add to the over 6 months I've already waited. 
    So until I get a letter or payment believe nothing.
  • poppy123456
    To be honest 6 months is quite quick because we have members here that are still waiting after 10 months.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @missie89

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, PIP is not my area of expertise which means I am hoping people with more knowledge about PIP can respond to you. However, in the meantime, I can signpost you to the PIP enquiry line. Telephone: 0800 121 4433, textphone: 0800 121 4493, Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433. The PIP enquiry line is open Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm. I hope this service can support you further as they have details about your application that we don't. Also, if you need a listening ear, I am here and I care. Take care for now and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :) 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    Hi @missie89

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, PIP is not my area of expertise which means I am hoping people with more knowledge about PIP can respond to you. However, in the meantime, I can signpost you to the PIP enquiry line. Telephone: 0800 121 4433, textphone: 0800 121 4493, Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433. The PIP enquiry line is open Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm. I hope this service can support you further as they have details about your application that we don't. Also, if you need a listening ear, I am here and I care. Take care for now and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :) 

There's no other advice anyone can give other than what's already be said. Missie has also already been contacted by DWP so there's little point in ringing them again.
  • L_Volunteer
    Sometimes all we need is a listening ear, hey @missie89? Especially when we are upset because we are hearing difficult or unexpected news  :( We are here for you. If there's anything, in particular, we can do to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know  <3

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    As @L_Volunteer says, we are here to support you.

If ringing them again feels like a helpful step to you @missie89 then you can, equally, you can choose to wait. We all deal with the process differently. What's important is working out how to manage it best for ourselves. 

Keep us up to date with how you get on, we've got our fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • TonyPerry
    TonyPerry Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I had a 10 minute phone assessment 4 weeks ago and only just received a letter saying they now have all the information needed to make a decision. 
    It does seem to take a long time ?
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited December 2021
    TonyPerry said:
    I had a 10 minute phone assessment 4 weeks ago and only just received a letter saying they now have all the information needed to make a decision. 
    It does seem to take a long time ?
    Between 2 and 12 weeks for a decision is usually what people say, however there are no set in stone timeframes. 
  • zusi
    zusi Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I had a telephone assessment in September and I'm still waiting for any communication at all. I am comforting myself by believing that no news is good news ! 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi @zusi that is sometimes the best way to manage the wait, and I'm sure you are right. I hope you have a positive outcome soon enough, keep us updated :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • zusi
    zusi Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    @Alex_Scope
    Thanks Alex, I'm glad I found this forum ! 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.