PIP Assessment Report Arrived. Does the DM just go off of the assessor's report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Report Arrived. Does the DM just go off of the assessor's report?

MrJackT
MrJackT Community member Posts: 126 Courageous
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Today my PIP assessment arrived in the post. 

When I started reading it I was happy with what was wrote down from what I had said to the women on the phone. 

I have the following conditions:
-ADHD
-Severe Spinal Accessory Nerve Palsy
-Absent Trapezius Muscle
-Scapula Winging
-Left Shoulder muscle has wasted away due the nerve damage and scapula winging

There are a few others which I won’t mention. However I mentioned to the women how these affect on a daily basis and how I can and can’t do certain things. 

I am disappointed that they scored 0 on everything and my question is will the decision maker look at the notes at the beginning of the assessment or just look at what the professional scored. 

Just to note - the professional noted at the end that I wasn’t nervous or anxious and answered all questions correctly. 
1) I was actually very anxious for this phone call and was nervous answering certain questions. 
2)They also said that I could answer the questions fully about the conditions even thought I find it hard to retain information. I do find it hard to retain information, however when you see consultants etc I think you are going to know about your conditions. 

So does the decision maker just go off what the professional scored or do they read the notes at the beginning of the assessment and also the evidence? 

Thanks
Jack

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    There are no points scored in the report, they are recommendations only. The decision maker is supposed to look at everything you sent as well as the report before making their decision. Whilst they mostly go with the report, they don't always and it has been known for them to go against it.
    All you can do is wait for the decision and if you're not happy you can request the MR.
    Please remember that PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MrJackT
    MrJackT Community member Posts: 126 Courageous
    @poppy123456 On the report the first box is ticked in all of them which is essentially 0 points for every section?

Yes I know this, that is why I said how the conditions affect on a daily basis. However they still ticked the first box on every section. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    MrJackT said:
    @poppy123456 On the report the first box is ticked in all of them which is essentially 0 points for every section?
    Yes but they are recommendations. We had a member here very recently who received their assessment report and recommendations were zero points. When they had the decision they were awarded Enhanced daily living and standard mobility.
    When requesting the report all it causes is more anxiety that you had previously.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.