Do I still have to wait the 3 month period even though I've been providing fit notes since 2019? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I still have to wait the 3 month period even though I've been providing fit notes since 2019?

pricey1993
pricey1993 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I’ve been on uc since March 2019, from the first day I provided fit notes never missed 1 note. I got awarded lcwra this month. My first health assessment was last year then did another last week. Would I still have to wait the 3 month period even though I’ve been providing fit notes for nearly 3 year and they knew my condition from day1 back in 2019.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    What was the outcome of your health assessment last year and why did you have another one?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • pricey1993
    They never got back to me on last years assessment, so I told my work coach as she kept asking me to do things and go for appointments and I couldn’t leave the house due to my mental health, then the health assessment team contacted me again and awarded it me last week.
  • pricey1993
    This was 2 seperate assessments by the way, they didn’t award it from last year. They ignored last years and never got back to me.
  • calcotti
    If this is the first decision you should be paid the LCWRA element from the fourth month of your claim which would be the July 2019 payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • pricey1993
    Really? All the way back from 2019? Is that money that will be backdated do you know? As I’m useless with these things and have no confidence to speak on the phone and call people etc.
  • calcotti
    Really? All the way back from 2019? Is that money that will be backdated do you know? 
    Yes, that's what I said
    calcotti said:
    If this is the first decision you should be paid the LCWRA element from the fourth month of your claim which would be the July 2019 payment.
    I should have qualified the comment by adding that if you have a partner and claim as a couple you cannot receive the LCWRA element if your partner already gets it.

If taht doesn't apply, give it a couple of weeks and if you haven't received an arrears payment post a message in your UC journal as a payments query

"I have recently been found to have LCWRA. As I first reported my health condition to you in March 2019 and have provided continuous Fit Notes since then I believe I am entitled to be paid the LCWRA element from July 2019. I would be grateful fir an arrears payment as soon as possible."
  • pricey1993
    Wow that’s great Thankyou for your help buddy. Appreciate it. I don’t have a partner no I’m alone. I’ll be sure to be in contact and send your a Xmas pressie I 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pricey1993 and welcome to the forum, I'm glad to see calcotti has helped you out :)

Feel free to explore and join in any discussion if you would like, we're a friendly community.

If you're unsure about anything in the meantime please do let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • pricey1993
    Thanks guy I appreciate it, I can’t believe it, so I’m owed 29-30 months of money? Is that correct I’m struggling to believe it haha.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    It will be from July or August 2019. This is providing that you weren't found to have LCW in your previous assessment. Unless you reported a change of condition in the meantime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pricey1993
    No they totally ignored my last assessment which is why my work coach sorted it again. She knows Im really bad with my mental health. Ive had normal UC rate for a 29 year old since March 19. Thanks for all your help guys appreciated muchly 
  • calcotti
    edited December 2021
    Poppy makes a good point in saying the LCWRA element is due from July or August 2019 whereas I only said July. It depends on what date in March you started your UC claim.
  • pricey1993
    19th I think. So should I go from august then guys 
  • calcotti
    So you get paid on the 25th of the month and the LCWRA element should be from the July payment.
  • pricey1993
    Sweet, thanks for everyone’s help, I absolutely struggle with these things and appreciate everyone’s replies. Means a lot.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.