Strange Call asking if it was safe to pay cash into bank account. Does this mean I've been awarded? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange Call asking if it was safe to pay cash into bank account. Does this mean I've been awarded?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, I received a strange call off PIP Sunday morning from a Case Manager asking if it was safe to pay cash into my bank account, and that I wasn't financially vulnerable (I assume being ripped off by others) etc, it was the only think she asked. I had my assessment at start of November( applied because I have schizophrenia) and already received letter saying they have enough info to make a decision. She didn't ask for any bank details, just confirmed my address and NI number. It was definitely PIP checked the number online, does this mean I've been awarded PIP I never thought to ask? 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KerryBemmy and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your question, I've tagged it as unanswered to help our members find it.

Until you receive your decision letter confirming your entitlement I'm afraid you won't know for certain.

Hopefully you'll hear from them soon, and if you're unsure about anything in the meantime, then do let us know :) 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    These are questions they sometimes ask vulnerable people because when large amounts of money are received it can send people into panic mode. I'm not saying you've been awarded because no one here can tell you that.
    If it's a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then money is usually received before the decision letter, if successfully awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    DWP are now required to ask people who might be vulnerable and are owed arrears if they would prefer to be paid in instalments.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2021
    Thanks for the answers, she never actually asked about installments just whether I was vulnerable. BTW I phoned today and she did say I had been awarded the maximum on both componant so thanks to all. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's brilliant, must be quite a relief @KerryBemmy! I'm so pleased for you :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • [Deleted User]
    BTW the DM who I phoned confirmed that the decision had been made before she phoned me on Sunday, she just wanted to check it was OK to put massive lump sum in my bank. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.