How to approach my PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to approach my PIP review

Options
bigglesworth
bigglesworth Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I received my pip review forms a couple of days ago and I am not sure how to approach it.

My previous experience is outlined >>here<<

On my initial application for PIP I went into great detail about my conditions and gave examples etc, I had supporting letters from heathcare professionals, my doctor and my family.

I scored 2 points on the assessment, I applied to have a MR and told them I would send more information from my medical records, but they did the MR the same day as my phone call before the evidence had a chance to arrive.  It was dropped to 0 after the MR.

I was told that none of my evidence had been considered and was not able to get a reason for why my evidence was rejected. ICE found no issue with this after waiting 2 years for them to look into it, apparently they don't really have much power to do anything.

My conditions are life long and there isn't any medication to help so I don't have any extra evidence since the first assessment.

This is quite stressful considering how my first experience was, I don't feel I can trust the DWP to approach things fairly at all.

What information should I actually provide in the review if all the previous information about me was not accepted?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    bigglesworth said:..I was told that none of my evidence had been considered and was not able to get a reason for why my evidence was rejected. ICE found no issue with this after waiting 2 years for them to look into it, apparently they don't really have much power to do anything.
    ICE have nothing to do with it. Once the MR decision was made you should have appealed to the tribunal service who would then have made a decision in place of the DWP.

Once you have requested the MR the DWP will do it in their own time. If you want to send extra evidence it’s is best to post the MR request with the evidence. That way it cannot be looked at before the evidence arrives.

I take it that after the MR you were awarded something otherwise the review would not be taking place.

Advice for completing a review is the same as for making a new claim. Assume DWP know nothing except what you tell them. Make sure you understand the assessment system. Explain the difficulties you have as clearly and fully as you can with examples of what happens if you attempt the activity.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bigglesworth
    bigglesworth Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    hi, I am not sure how to link to an exact post in a thread, but if you look at the last message I posted in the linked thread it shows I went to tribunal and have been on PIP since then.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Sorry, I missed the link to another thread and just thought you were referring to what you said in your post!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.