My partner's been sending sick notes since July 2019. Is he entitled to lcwra backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My partner's been sending sick notes since July 2019. Is he entitled to lcwra backpay?

Options
benno1344
benno1344 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I'm new on here, my partner had his wca in July of this year and was put on lcwra, he had his first payment of £343 on July 28th. He has been sending sick notes in since July 2019, but this was his first wca since being on uc, I understand that there is a 3 month assessment period but I was just wondering if he is entitled to any backpay as reading threads on here has made us think he should. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA element is payable from the fourth assessment period after the health condition is reported (so likely November 2019 depending on exactly when reported and what dates your UC assessment period covers).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • benno1344
    Options
    Hi first note handed in was 5th July 2019 and uc assessment periods are 22nd to 21st of the month.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    So reported in the June to July AP. The waiting period is July to October. The LCWRA element is payable for October to November (paid on November 28th).

Post a note on his journal under payments saying that he understands that now he has been found to have LCWRA he is entitled to be paid the LCWRA element from the fourth AP after reporting the health condition which he calculates to be the October to November 2019 AP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • benno1344
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your advice, I will do that for him
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @benno1344 I'm glad you've found calcotti's advice useful! Let us know how you get on. 

If you're still unsure about anything please don't hesitate to ask :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • benno1344
    Options
    Hi I've put a note on his journal this morning, hope it's not too long before they reply 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They need to recalculate all your past statements so they can find out exactly how much they owe you. You may want to take screenshots of your statements now. Once they are recalculated you loose all your existing ones. It often takes them a few weeks to do this and pay any money that's owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • benno1344
    Options
    Thankyou I will do that now, thankyou for the information much appreciated 
  • benno1344
    Options
    Hi all, first of all I want to thankyou all for your information and advice, so pleased I joined the forum now, just got a note in journal saying we are owed an underpayment of £6807 ,at the right time of year aswell, 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's lovely news @benno1344 thanks for letting us know :) I'm so glad the forum has been helpful for you!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.