Pip review extension-waiting for ct scan — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review extension-waiting for ct scan

Options
tink50
tink50 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband was awarded pip in August 2020 until June 22, he had a cancer diagnosis and had major surgery, chemo etc, which he's still recovering from.

He had his review letter yesterday to be sent back by Dec 26th.

We have just found out his cancer is back and now terminal, we are waiting on another ct scan and have appointment in the new year to discuss treatment plan.
I've spoken to his cns and she said she needs to see the next ct scan before making a decision on whether she can fill out the DS1500 form yet.
I've tried phoning pip several times since getting the form but just can't get through,  do they accept asking for an extension via a letter sent recorded delivery or do you need to just keep trying to get through on the phone?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You will need to speak to them. You will need to complete and return the review as normal. If a DS1500 is issued later let PIP now at that time.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People sometimes find it easier to get through when they call earlier in the morning when the line opens @tink50- have you tried ringing early in the morning?

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. I can only imagine how difficult that must be for both of you. Are you coping okay?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @tink50

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with things? It sounds as though you've been through a really challenging time and it's important that you have the right support available for both you and your husband. How are you coping at the moment?

I'm sorry that we couldn't directly answer your question, but I wondered if you had made any progress with the DWP and if you had managed to get through to them?

If you need any additional support or guidance, then please just get in touch with us.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tink50 Really sorry to hear this - hows things for you both at the moment x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.