PIP Assessment Bypassed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Bypassed?

Options
Richyjaco1986
Richyjaco1986 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So i put in for pip in april i didnt wen have an assessment and it was giving back to the dwp 2 weeks this Thursday so does that mean i womt get it cause they by pasesed my assessment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

While most people do have either a telephone or face to face assessment, there are some that have paper based assessments. This means that they have enough of information to write the report without an assessment. It doesn't mean you've been refused. Infact, i've not heard of anyone being refused with a paper based assessment.
    Timescales for decisions is anything between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Richyjaco1986 and welcome to the community :) I hope poppy's answer has been helpful, but if you are unsure about anything else, do let us know.

Feel free to have a look around the forum if you'd like, there's plenty of discussions you can join. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.