Hi I’m new on here. I need the address to post my PIP letter to for MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I’m new on here. I need the address to post my PIP letter to for MR

natash
natash Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need the address to post my pip letter to for mandatory reconsideration. I’m useless at anything online I think I posted something earlier but I can’t seem to get it :(

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I don't know the address but it should be on the top of your award letter 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @natash and welcome to the forum. Was janer1967's reply helpful?

If you're unsure about anything else, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @natash

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? I especially appreciate that you have already found the courage to reach out to us. I recognise how much courage it must take to reach out, especially for the first time. Like @Alex_Scope, I am wondering if @janer1967's response answered your enquiry? Also, I just wanted to say, you absolutely are not "useless at anything online" - you clearly managed to find and use our forum. You just needed a helping hand with navigating an address for PIP and that's absolutely fine, it's what we are here for, we all need support sometimes! :)  
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @natash :) Have you found the address on your decision letter? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • natash
    Hi and Thankyou for replying. It took me a while to work out how to reply. I am hAving a really bad time. I am in chronic pain and I don’t see any way forward at the moment. I keep thinking I should just end my life. I live in a rural place with no transportation and I’m struggling to get myself to appointments. My memory is awful and I just wish I had anyone to help me with all these forms and to get my life back on track. Sorry to seem so morbid I just don’t know how anyone lives in chronic pain like this. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Hi @natash I'm so sorry to hear how you're feeling lately, there's really no need to apologise.

Reaching out for help like this takes a lot of strength and courage, so well done for doing it. You mention you're having feelings about ending your life, have you spoken to anyone about that, like your GP, or a trusted friend? 

Can I ask what support you're getting for your mental health at the moment? There are some really helpful organisations you can go to for support:

·       Mind has lots of advice on how to help yourself

·       Call Samaritans on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org at anytime, day or night

Remember, if you ever feel like you're in danger of acting on your feelings then ring 999 as soon as you can. 

Living with chronic pain can feel like an uphill battle at times, especially on bad days. Have you spoken with your GP about your chronic pain, and about different ways of managing it? It might also be worth asking about the possibility of home appointments or subsidised travel to appointments. Your GP is there to support you, so let them know how you're feeling about living in a rural location too.

If you'd like us to offer any additional support then please let us know, we'll be in touch with an email very soon. 

Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• natash
    Hi alex. Thankyou for your reply you seem very kind. I have spoken to my gp about how I feel a few times the most recent doctor I spoke to actually seemed to listen and understand more than others doctors I’ve spoken with. I’m not even sure who my actual doctor is. 

i am not currently getting any support for my mental health I have been offered antidepressants though which I’ve just started. 

The doctor I spoke to is getting someone to help me with my pip claim as it would help me to be able to get to appointments. It’s difficult as I have two small children and I live so rurally. 

I didnt expect to be living in such pain and I’m constantly angry because I’m not sure what is wrong with me. If I just lived closer to a doctors or had a support network I could sort myself out but it’s just tough you know. 

I felt totally dehumanised after my pip assessment and getting my results some days the cycle of pain depression and repeating it totally overwhelms me.  

• Alex_Alumni
    Hi @natash that's quite alright. I can appreciate with a lot of GP practices being stretched at the moment, seeing your assigned GP is sometimes difficult which can be unsettling. But it sounds as though your most recent doctor was able to help you feel listened to, I'm very glad to hear it. If you can, stay in touch with them, and keep them updated if any issues come up with the antidepressants.

I'm so pleased to hear they are also finding someone to assist with getting to appointments for your PIP claim, even a little help makes a huge difference. You mention you have two small children, may I ask if you have support at home to help look after them?

Anger is a totally natural response to unexpected things, especially when we are used to things happening a certain way, it can be very frustrating when they don't and we don't know why. Sometimes we might never know, and that can be tough, I understand. You are always welcome to reach out here for support.

I wonder, have you received the email we sent last week offering additional support? If you feel it's something we can help with, then please do let us know.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.