Claim is with the assessment team — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claim is with the assessment team

gillypoo
gillypoo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Hi there, I'm new to the forum.
 I phoned the enquiry line today as I'd heard nothing about my claim which I made quite a while ago now.
The lady told me it was with the assessment team, I don't quite know what this means could anyone shed some light . Thanks . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It means it's with the health assessment providers who do the assessments. Most people have assessments through either telephone or face to face. If one is needed, you'll eventually be contacted with a date and time. There are huge backlogs in a lot of areas and timescales for a lot of people is currenly about 10 months from start to finish.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gillypoo and welcome to the forum, thanks for your question. 

Have you had an assessment yet? If not they'll be preparing to invite you to one, or arrange a home visit or telephone assessment. It's what happens after they have looked at your claim form and the evidence you've provided.

If it helps, Scope has set out the process here.

If you're still unsure about anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • gillypoo
    Thank-you both for the quick replies and thank-you for the useful information.  This is the first claim that I have made for pip so I was unsure , I was a little confused as to whether it meant they were assessing my claim or it was with them to arrange my assessment.  I understand from your replies that it is the latter . I will keep you updated with any future correspondence from pip . Thanks again.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Please do @gillypoo, I'm glad we could help :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    In a way, they are assessing it, which is the same as being with the assessment providers. It will either be Independent Assessment Services https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/ Or Capitia, depending on which area you live. http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/index.html

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gillypoo
    I am in the North east poppy . Thank-you for the links. I think if I have not heard anything by the end of January I may give them another call. 

Whilst I'm here instead of making a new thread , since I made my claim I have subsequently been diagnosed with sleep apnea. Should I phone to add this information? although the symptoms of this condition are affecting me anyway and are included in my claim , it would only be the adding of a diagnosis and not necessarily a change in my daily life , or do I just wait and mention it during my assessment ??
  • poppy123456
    That means it's Independent Assessment Services. PIP isn't about a diagnosis but if needed you can mention it during the assessment. If you have evidence that you would like to send for this (though it's not needed) you can send it to either DWP or the health assessment providers. Make sure you put your name and NI number on it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.