Call after mr — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Call after mr

Options
rachw89
rachw89 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
I did a mr about 10 weeks ago after a decision came back 0 points for mh and just had a call from dwp asking if I’d been abroad the last 12 months and if my bank details are still the same and that I’d get a decision next week? I’m confused why do they do this? I’m so stressed of the outcome already. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,185 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Misread so deleted and replied below.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi @rachw89 thanks for reaching out :)

That call is a standard part of the process from the DWP, and is nothing to worry about. It just means that you'll hear the decision of the MR soon.

I know it's difficult but try not to dwell on it, focus instead on things which help you feel relaxed, maybe have a chat to family or friends about what they've been up to. Whatever helps to take your mind off it. 

And whatever the result of the MR, we'll be here to support you, the forum is full of very knowledgeable members, who can help guide you on steps to take if needed. 

Keep us up to date once you hear more next week, and I wish you all the best for a more positive outcome. If you need any more help, please just say.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I've just re-read this again and see i did misread it. I note that you are at MR stage rather than Tribunal. They do sometimes ring to check bank details before a decision's made. We've had some members that have been successful after this call and some that weren't successful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rachw89
    Options
    Thankyou for replies, feel like it’s just all up in the air and I’m sat here stressing about it. I’m worrying because they didn’t ask anything about the points I made in my mr letters or anything about the original assessment so now I’m just left thinking they’ve made a 0 points decision again 
  • rachw89
    Options
    Can I ask what happens for a tribunal?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's nothing to ask about the assessment because that's in the past, it's gone and you should forget about that now. If the person who rang you had no other questions there wouldn't be anything to ask.

With regards to a Tribunal i'd advise you to wait for the MR decision and if you need further advice then post back here and i'm sure someone will advise you further, if needed. I know it's difficult but try not to think too far ahead at this stage.
  • Aimee87
    Aimee87 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    @rachw89 can i ask what your outcome was? I got an identical phone call this morning. 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Aimee87 said:
    @rachw89 can i ask what your outcome was? I got an identical phone call this morning. 

This thread is more than 1 year old and the member hasn't been active since Sept 2022 so you may not get a reply. When they ask for bank details it can indicate an award of some sort but it's not guaranteed.
  • rachw89
    Options
    Aimee87 said:
    Hi yeah I got the backdated payment a few days after the phone call then a letter and now have pip. Good luck hope it goes ok for you too
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really positive to hear this @rachw89. Thanks for sharing this with us.

I am sure your experience will be invaluable for anyone experiencing anything similar  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.