Received PIP decision. The assessor has lied. What should I write in an MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received PIP decision. The assessor has lied. What should I write in an MR?

ChrisH90
ChrisH90 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all, Today I received my decision to read I have been given 0 points on everything.

I was not surprised after receiving my assessment report.

The question I have is.. The assessor basically just lied the whole way through, She said ‘I’ answered all the questions with no problems at all, When in fact I did not as my Mother spoken as I’m not too good on the phone because I have Autism, And other mental health problems, Just want to know what I should be writing in a Mandatory Reconsideration, Thank you. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ChrisH90 and welcome to the community. I'm very sorry to hear you didn't get the outcome you wanted from PIP claim, I can imagine that must be extremely disheartening. 

To help you with your next steps Turn2us has some useful information on your options at this stage if you'd like to challenge the decision, which might be helpful to take a look through.

I'm sure our members can also advise you as to how best to proceed, but if you're unsure of anything in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    First of all may I say welcome to the community @ChrisH90.

Lots of people get PIP even after 0 points at initial assessment, use the Mandatory Reconsideration form on gov.uk as a good template however I do recommend adding extra pieces of paper so you can truly explain in detail how your conditions affect you. Get supporting evidence to back you up too if you can and make sure you call PIP to register a MR but if you look on forums members strongly recommend you do not do one over the phone. Remember, PIP isn’t based on your condition but how your disability affects you so explain in good detail how each activity causes you difficulty even if you think personally it’s not severe enough to include it. 

Good Luck and if you are still stuck there’s some good websites such as Benefits & Work if you are stuck completely.
  • ChrisH90
    Thank you both for you’re reply’s, I will do a written MR as I feel you can explain things better that way than over the phone as I am no good on the phone, I’m guessing I send the MR to the address on the decision letter?.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Correct, I have attached the link for the MR template if you feel it would be any use to you. Take care and keep the forum updated how you get on.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you've found our replies helpful @ChrisH90, keep us updated with how things are going, and if you're unsure about anything then let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    As usual @Username_removed talks sense, to many people fail their PIP assessment because they haven’t given enough relevant information evidence to support their PIP application. As Mike has stated many time you have to be able to cope, manage and repeatedly preform each activity descriptor safely repeatedly and in a timely manner. By giving examples of what has or does happen each time you attempt or try to do the activities descriptors then you have a better informed HP at your assessment.
  • ChrisH90
    wilko said:
    As usual @Username_removed talks sense, to many people fail their PIP assessment because they haven’t given enough relevant information evidence to support their PIP application. As Mike has stated many time you have to be able to cope, manage and repeatedly preform each activity descriptor safely repeatedly and in a timely manner. By giving examples of what has or does happen each time you attempt or try to do the activities descriptors then you have a better informed HP at your assessment.
    Thank you, I made a start on my Mandatory Reconsideration yesterday, I’m 3 pages in so far, will complete the rest of it over the weekend and send it back on Monday.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.