MR form for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR form for PIP

holly03186615
holly03186615 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I am filling out my MR form for PIP, has anyone had any luck with these forms or did they have to go to a court/tribunal?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @holly03186615 - & welcome to the community. Some are successful with a MR (I was a few years ago), tho some do end up going to tribunal where the success rate is higher.
    With your MR, if using the form, you can add extra pages at the end, putting your name & National Insurance number on each page.

Give a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the difficulty you face for each applicable descriptor where you think you should have gained/got more points, i.e. when did it happen, where, what happened, did anyone see this, & were there any consequences to attempting/doing such an activity?

Say if you can't do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat as often as one would reasonably expect, or if it takes you much longer than someone without a disability.

Have a look at the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP: 

https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf

If you read the notes at the end, you will see about 'reliability.'
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @holly03186615

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Unfortunately, I am unable to answer your question as I have not personally applied for PIP. However, I can see the amazing @chiarieds has already provided you with some information. Does this information help to answer your question? Do you need anything to be further clarified or have any follow-up questions for us that we can support you with?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @holly03186615 and welcome to the community :) Hopefully the replies here are useful for you, but to help our members advise you, I've moved your post into our PIP category and changed the title slightly.

If you have any further queries please do say, we're here to help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.