Assessor said I was 'doing myself out of a benefit here and added points'. Is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor said I was 'doing myself out of a benefit here and added points'. Is this normal?

Options
jewls36
jewls36 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • jewls36
    Options
    Hi I need to ask a question about pip am I in the right place to do it?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jewls36 - & welcome to the community. You can ask any question about PIP here; there's no wrong place. So, what is your question, as we have members that can help? :)
  • jewls36
    Options
    Hi, well I applied for pip in September and I had a telephone consultation today, which lasted 25 minutes,  is this normal for them to say that I am doing myself out of a benefit here and added points? Now I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve done it right 

I am waiting for an operation for my both knees and their both full replacements, I was on a list for a private hospital but due to covid I probably would of had one done by now but I then had a stroke in February so this hospital won’t do it now because of stroke now I told him since filling the form in I have had to have a stairlift fitted and didn’t seem bothered with that just wondering if I should have bothered with the whole thing now as I feel it was a waste of time  

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jewls36 said:
    is this normal for them to say that I am doing myself out of a benefit here and added points? Now I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve done it right 

Hi,
    They are not supposed to say anything at all to you, other than to ask questions to gather more information about how your conditions affect you.
    At this moment, it will be impossible to speculate anything. Lots of people "assume" the assessment didn't go as well as they'd hoped but were then successfully awarded.
    You've done everything you can for now. All that's left to do is wait for the decision, which can be anything from 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.