I've been told I have LCWRA. Does this mean I'm entitled to LCWRA and back payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been told I have LCWRA. Does this mean I'm entitled to LCWRA and back payment?

Options
kezroo28
kezroo28 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I received a letter stating I have limited capability for work and work related activity for depression and anxiety, does this mean I’m entitled to LCWRA and a back payment? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will receive an extra £343 per month, providing you don't claim UC with a partner that already receives this element because you can only receive it once on a claim.
    It's paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you reported your health condition. This is because there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time, during this time the element is not paid at all.
    Whether you're entitled to backdated money will depend on exactly when you reported your health condition (provided you sent a fit note within 7 days of this and continued to send them with no gaps) and the dates of your assessment periods, or when you usually receive your money each month.
    The above is assuming you wasn't already found to have LCW and this wasn't a review started by DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kezroo28
    Options
    Yes that’s all correct, no partner and no LCW,  I provided sick notes from the month of claiming UC back in March 2019, so am I entitled to back dated for all that time it’s around 29 months. 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    Options
    As advised, there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time, which means it's not paid at all for this time, it's then paid from the 4th month. Without knowing the exact date you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment period it's impossible to tell you when exactly it's paid from but it will be from either July/August 2019.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kezroo28
    Options
    I’ve been awarded a back dated payment for 29 months, they rang me today to tell me the amount. My payments have been updated on my account. I forgot to ask when I would be paid the back dated amount. Anybody know if it will only be. A few days with everything being updated on my journal? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Once it’s paid it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank. 
  • kezroo28
    Options
    Sorry So does the updated journal payments mean it’s been issues and I’ll receive in3-5 working days? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, it means they've recalculated your statements. They don't always make payment at the same time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.