Hi, my name is babycham1271! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is babycham1271!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @babycham1271 how are you? Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself, and why you joined the forum?

If you like, you can browse any categories that might interest you, or head over to the Coffee Lounge for casual chat and games.

If you're unsure about anything, or have any questions let us know, we're very friendly and knowledgeable :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Your username brings back memories lol
  • babycham1271
    babycham1271 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    hi
    thank you, im currently goin threw a nervous/mental breakdown, i already suffer mental health, and im in middle of doing a pip form, debts, bedroom tax and xmas on the way im finding things very hard to sort and cope with on my own
  • babycham1271
    Hello @babycham1271 how are you? Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself, and why you joined the forum?

If you like, you can browse any categories that might interest you, or head over to the Coffee Lounge for casual chat and games.

If you're unsure about anything, or have any questions let us know, we're very friendly and knowledgeable :)
    im not sure if i did it right, as i cant find a reply thing lol
  • babycham1271
    hi how do i reply to each person ? pls
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited December 2021
    Yes, you have replied don't worry @babycham1271 :)

I'm so sorry to hear what you're currently going through, can I ask what support are you getting at the moment? 

Have you spoken to loved ones about how you're feeling, or your GP? This time of year can be very overwhelming, and I can see you're dealing with a lot of different things right now. Talking about things, or asking for help can help ease some of the pressure.

If you can try to break things down and take them step by step, first, what things are causing you the most concern? 

If you'd like help with your PIP form, our PIP category is a good place to start. We also have a Mental Health & Wellbeing section, if you want to chat with others going through similar experiences.

If you'd like us to offer additional support then please let us know, we're here to support you. I hope you'll find this forum helpful. 

Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• babycham1271
    ive spoke with dcos x2 since end of sept, they upped one of my med by 50mg, and said would call back in 2 wk he didnt so i did the for in x3 n a doc finally rang and sent me links for mental health mind, etc, 
    i did online chat with a CAB advisorer and she sent me a lot of links, i emailed scope re the pip for and they responded and this wsa in the email
    no i just have my eldest son who we just send msgs on fb chat thats it, noone else 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Okay, thanks for explaining @babycham1271.

Do you feel like the meds are working for you at the moment? If not, see if you can speak to your GP about what could work for the way you're feeling right now.

Is there anything that's concerning you about the links from the CAB advisor? 

We've got lots of members on the forum that can help with PIP, you mentioned you are halfway through already, that's positive to hear.

I'm glad you're able to chat with your eldest son, does he know how you're feeling at the moment?

I know that's a lot of questions, so answer whenever you feel able to and we'll do our best to help :)
    Scope

• babycham1271
    pip has to be for 9th dec,
    no i dont think he does tbh, i fink he finds it hard to deal with and hes all i have atm, so i dont wana push him away 
    i said to doc 1 time in sept i dont think there working could i possibly try something else he said no and just raised 1 of the meds 
    the 2nd doc i spoke to as i put 3x econsult forms in i askd about hrt which i av been doin for yrs, but never got anywhere she gave me some which ive got to try for 2 mnths, unsure if they are workin, as i dread to think what i would be like if i wasnt taking anything tbh
    im strugglin to adjust as younger son has gone to live with his dad, and i cant put it on here, but its the reason im such a mess atm tbh

• babycham1271
    i asked him if i gave him email n pw and code wold he look threw the form but he said he doesnt know wthat to do with it as he doesnt understand mental health or how the gov work so i duno ...im not good at xplain mysen at best of times tbh
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    You can ring DWP to ask for an extension to return the PIP form and they'll give you a couple of extra weeks. When you return it ask for proof of posting available free from any post office.
    When filling out the form, make sure you add a couple of real world examples for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, so be aware of that.
    Make sure you send copies only and always keep a copy for yourself of everything you send.
    You should expect and assessment because most people have them.
    Current timescales is about 10 months from applying to having a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • babycham1271
    @poppy123456
    i need to submit it asap as i can barely put gas n elec on atm, av got into debt with water, also ive bedroom tax to pay, so i just wana get it over n done with so i know if yes or no, then i duno wot al do, its an online form hun, i was sent to do, ive filled it in, just last bit to do, but i duno if the info i have put is what they want, or if not explain myself right, i rarely do hun
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Just to point out and sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but thought 8t best you are informed 

New pip claims are taking around 10 months to process from start to finish so don't rely on a quick timescale 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Hi @babycham1271, I'm sorry to hear about the water debt, well done for reaching out on here, that's a very positive thing to do. 

If you haven't looked already, Scope has information on how to get help with that. What's important is that you look after yourself, do you have any friends nearby who can spend time with for support? You might want to talk to your GP and let them know how it's affecting your health. 

I can tell it's difficult for you with your younger son living away, that really can't be easy. I'm glad you know where he is, and I hope with his dad he'll be keeping safe and well. 

Could I check what form you're filling out online, as the PIP form cannot be completed online?
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    For shortfall in rent you can apply for a discretionary housing payment from your local Authority.
    Are you currently claiming all the benefits you're entitled to?
    Please don't expect the PIP to be a quick claim because it's likely not going to be because of backlogs.
    Most people have assessments through either telephone or face to face so you should expect one of those.
    When filling out that form you should concentrate on those real world examples i mentioned in previous comment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babycham1271 - & welcome to the community. As Poppy suggests, I would ring the DWP to get an extension for your PIP claim, as completing this the best you can now will give you a better chance of success.
    As well as those all important couple of detailed examples of the difficulties you face for each activity/descriptor that applies to you, you should say whether you can do such activities 'reliably.' i.e safely, repeat as often as would be normally expected, & does it take you longer than someone who doesn't have your problems?
    Say how you are on most days. You may also find this website helpful as it's about claiming PIP if you have mental health issues: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hey @babycham1271 :),

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with things? 

Did you manage to speak to your GP about your medication and potentially altering it? Also, did you end up getting an extension for your PIP claim? I think this could be really useful as it allows you more time and therefore, will hopefully relieve some of the demands that you're experiencing.

We hope you're doing okay and getting the support that you need right now. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @babycham1271,

Welcome to Scope’s forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

It seems our amazing community has already responded to your questions. However, I am just wondering if there’s anything else we can answer or support you with?

Take care and I am looking forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness