Hi, my name is Lizziefordy68! Been told to apply for PIP, what are my chances? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lizziefordy68! Been told to apply for PIP, what are my chances?

Lizziefordy68
Lizziefordy68 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm on lwcra, I had a back payment of 18 months back in August 21 and been told to apply for pip what's my chances

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,350 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Being found to have LCWRA has no affect on a PIP claim. No one here can tell you whether a claim for PIP will be successful because no one here knows exactly how your conditions affect you.
    PIP and LCWRA are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria. PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Having some understanding of the criteria and what the descriptors mean will help. Have a read of this.
    If you do apply be aware that backlogs are huge and estimated timescale from start to finish is about 10 months.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lizziefordy68
  • Lizziefordy68
    Thank-you will look into it as was suprised by 18months back payment and rewarded lwcra and was told I should apply for pip as got highest score for fibromalger and and angina and copd and other probs 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,350 Disability Gamechanger
    You won't score points for any diagnosis because that's not what PIP is about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lizziefordy68
    I'm not saying I want to.score more points, I've been told I should apply dueto difficulties re daily life 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited December 2021
    If that’s the case then you need to call them up and start the process off. 

Remember, PIP is a functional assessment and has nothing to do with conditions or diagnosis. 

You need to give at least 2 real world examples in as much detail as you can about what happened when you attempted each activity described in the descriptors that are applicable to you. 

Please bear in mind too that evidence should be relevant. 

LCWRA is completely separate to PIP. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Just out of interest who told you to apply for PIP ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.