PIP Question Q13 Confusion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Question Q13 Confusion

HenderT11
HenderT11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I need help please in regard to the PIP form Question 13, Activity 1 “Planning and following a journey unaided.

My question is “what is classed as a journey?”

A claimant (16 years old) can walk less than 50 metres and has no mental, cognitive or sensory disabilities. The claimant does not live near any amenities so relies on being driven everywhere by carer/parents in a car.  The claimant can plan a local route and give directions to the driver of the car. The fact that the claimant is giving directions to the driver would it be classed as following a journey?

If The claimant were to  get on public transport the  driver of the public transport is following a route without guidance from the claimant therefore  is the claimant is following a journey?

Any assistance in clarifying what is classed as a journey would be much appreciated. In the above scenario would the claimant be awarded nil point?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    If the person is claiming for physical conditions only then following and planning a journey doesn't apply and it would be zero points.  They should look at the moving around activity.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HenderT11
    HenderT11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Too add to my post above   the claimant is my daughter and we are attempting to complete the pip
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    There's also a lot more information in the link above, which i'd advise you to have a read of. It does help to have some understanding of the descriptors before you even attempt the form.
    You should also give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies. Include information such as where she was, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.