Getting to know people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting to know people

Options
Tre
Tre Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi am willing to get to know ppl and also help with advice or tips that i have.Sometimes i fèel so lost like no one sees me and my condition and they think i have made it up

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @Tre :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about your condition. I have multiple 'invisible impairments'
    and I also understand how tough it can be when people don't necessarily understand what you're going through on a day-to-day basis. 

I think what's important is to communicate how you feel and be honest with your feelings. This has helped me a lot and it ensures that my close family and friends understand to some extent what I'm going through. Do you have anyone who you can trust, to speak to about how you're feeling?

Libby 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Tre
    Tre Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hey @Tre :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about your condition. I have multiple 'invisible impairments'
    and I also understand how tough it can be when people don't necessarily understand what you're going through on a day-to-day basis. 

I think what's important is to communicate how you feel and be honest with your feelings. This has helped me a lot and it ensures that my close family and friends understand to some extent what I'm going through. Do you have anyone who you can trust, to speak to about how you're feeling?

Libby 
    I have both my boys. My eldest one seen me have my 1st ever one was when he was 5 i was 26. Hes the ones that brings me back to reality he uses brutal truth with me as i always see me mum and he has to tell me she not here. Its hard as when i was in hospital i kept askin if they had told me mm i was there 

Brightness