Hi, my name is Drysdale2107! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Drysdale2107!

Drysdale2107
Drysdale2107 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
How long have you to wait on pip decision after your consultation 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Between 2-12 weeks depending on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Drysdale2107 - welcome to the community. The average wait from assessment to decision is about 8 weeks. It can vary enormously, & we have seen members getting a decision anything from 2 -12 weeks.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    How long have you to wait on pip decision after your consultation 
    Hey @Drysdale2107 :) 

Welcome to the community and thank you for reaching out :). I see @poppy123456 and @chiarieds have both answered your question, but if you would like any further information about the PIP process, then please let us know. I will also move your comment into our PIP/DLA/AA category, in the hope that more members will share their experiences with you too. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • 1958david
    1958david Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    The DWP's policy is to say up to 8 weeks. My experience is that you get a decision anywhere between 4-6 weeks. If you should go beyond the 8 weeks, you should phone the DWP and ask them why there is a delay? The best time to call them is usually 9.00 a.m. If you are lucky somebody will answer within 15-20 mins. but be prepared to wait for at least an hour to get through. The music they play on a loop is so bad, I'm surprised they can't find something nicer to play.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    1958david said:
    The DWP's policy is to say up to 8 weeks. My experience is that you get a decision anywhere between 4-6 weeks. If you should go beyond the 8 weeks,
    Huge backlogs at the moment and plenty of threads on here suggest 2-12 weeks for a decision after the assessment has taken place. DWP's "policy" is often far from reality.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 1958david
    1958david Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    2 weeks to 3 months is imo too wide. As I said my experience is 4-6 weeks, which sometimes can stretch to 8 weeks. But of course it  can sometimes exceed this length of time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.