Advice on pip appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on pip appeal?

Fatima_
Fatima_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hope you all well, I'm need of advice on pip appeal, I have my mandatory letter not sure on what to do next or a person that can help me start my apoeal

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    You can either request the Tribunal online or by post by filling out the SSCS1 form, more information here. https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal
    To start with you just need to give a brief reason for requesting the appeal. After that's done you can send more information/evidence if needed.
    I'd advise you to get some expert advice regarding this from an agancy near you. If you can get representation then even better. For this start here.. put your postcode in and choose a topic "welfare benefits" and it will tell you what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Fatima_ and welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out :)

I hope you've found poppy's reply useful, I've moved your post into our PIP category, to make it easier to find for our members.

Turn2us has some great information on your options when you want to challenge a PIP decision, so that might be worth looking at if you what to know what's what. 

Please do let us know if you're unsure about anything else, and keep us updated with your progress. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.